Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
E numbers

I would like to understand more about the E numbers stamped on some crankcases. In a previous posting Steve Madden suggested this might be Eastern workshops rather like the B workshops in the UK. Can anyone with an E number on their crankcase please post the number so we can see how many different numbers we can come up with. If you have a E numbered bike and also know it came back from the Middle East that would also be interesting. Thanks John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Re: E numbers

Perhaps I should have added that I am aware of the B workshops in the Middle East and Germany etc. However, is there any documented proof there were such things as E workshops? JT

I can see that I have this posting all to myself so I might as well continue. I have 4 Matchlesses on my database with an engine number recorded at 41/G3L E701. I have discovered that this is in fact the part number for the plate that was riveted to the crankcase upon which the engine number was stamped. There must be some BSA's or Nortons with additional stamped numbers on the crankcases like the E372 stamped on Mick Holmes's crankcases. It's also about time that we had a full list of all the B number base workshops. Cheers JT

Do you mean something like this John?

photo Schermafbeelding2013-02-17om224232.png

This one also comes from Mick Holmes if I remember well. It's got a E372A number, and a similar number (E105F and E1016F) can be seen on these three M20 engines:

photo Schermafbeelding2013-02-17om224153.png

photo Schermafbeelding2013-02-17om224201.png

photo Schermafbeelding2013-02-17om224209.png

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1