Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ID these please

I have been sent these to hopefully identify them. ( by the chap with the Norton dynamo tools). He acquired them some years ago during a purchase of about 2 tons of ex WD motorcycle stock. He was told they were Norton. But I don't think so. They have a 7/8" bore and 4 1/2" long, open at both ends and made from hard plastic or Bakelite. At first I thought they might be grips for the gunners two handles in a Brit Bren/Universal carrier, until I saw the open ends. The Canadian variant is made from rubber and has the relevant part number moulded in. Any ideas please. I gather he has a few and would like to list them correctly on ebay. Ron

photo G506_zps6fcc1240.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: ID these please

He listed some of them a few years ago, Ron...and I didn't know then either. They're too thick and too hard for a solo motorcycle grip. Certainly not 16H - nothing on the Big 4, I suppose ? He has also sold those volute springs from the Big 4 / '38' pattern valve lifter so he must've had some Big 4 stuff, if it's all WD.

I can't think of a use on a Big4 Rik. But it would be nice to know their use....considering he's gifted these to me to aid his cause. Everybody wins if he can list them correctly. Sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees! Someone might make a suggestion and the penny could drop. Ron

Could they be for a WD Bicycle or a WD wheelbarrow?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Would that be an Armoured wheelbarrow, air portable or desert equipped Rob?

They weren't handgrips from any of the variations of rear saddles on WLC's are they?

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Come on Dave! You should know, if anyone Ron

I've seen that many variations on WLC rear seat set up, but you never know it may be a new one!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Could they be made from leather?

This is from a 1943 Chilwell spares catalogue (Rob van Meel reprint).

photo d3_zps882feda8.jpg

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

No Rob. These are very hard plastic or Bakelite. Adrian Barrel says he's seen something similar inside a tank for a turret controller. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1