Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Indian Made Parts

I know we've covered the Indian made replica stuff on this forum many times before and usually we all end up being very negative and dismissive of their efforts. I just wanted to redress the balance a tiny bit and say that I've just received a repro Smiths speedo cable fresh from Ghaziabad in India and it's terrific! It took just over a week to get to the UK, is great quality and looks and performs just like the original! It was so cheap that I bought it just as an experiment to see how bad it really was, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I know this is hardly the same as the unsafe casting and rough brazing we've seen on the replica forks and frames, but at just £7 delivered all the way from India, this cable does what it's supposed to and looks like a very good deal indeed.

Re: Indian Made Parts

Some of the Indian stuff is OK...They actually make very serviceable valves for the M20 for example. The trouble is, on the whole, you can never deduce whether what you are going to get is good or bad. Sadly it's generally the latter...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Agreed Ian, I was all ready for this cable to be useless, but it's one of the good items by the looks of it. We'll see how long it lasts!

Is there a link to where they are for sale, as I bought one from India at around £17 inc postage and I could not even use it..described as for girder fork BSA WM20 etc, and thecable was too long in the outer cover along with cable ends and screw fitting were not correct.

email (option): marcus@glassenbury.plus.com

Comment deleted by moderator

I'm not going to provide a link to the seller, as if someone else follows my advice and has a bad experience, I'll get the blame and look like I was promoting poor quality products. As we've already discussed, this Indian made stuff is sometimes good, sometimes bad, occasionally awful, you takes your choice. I had a good buy this time, but someone else may not, as you've already said yourself. In fact, after measuring the cable I bought, it is actually about 3.5" longer than advertised! This is OK for what I want, but may cause others a problem? All I'll say is that the chap I used is one of several Indian based manufacturers/sellers who advertises all sorts of things on ebay.

Nieuwe pagina 1