Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 replacing grease fittings with modern

Is there a supplier for zerk fittings that will fit the thread pattern for the grease fitting holes used in a 44 WM20? I'd like to swap out these fittings to a more modern one, so I can use a decent modern grease gun.

I'd like to buy a full kit for the 5 on the links, and the two on the steering head bearings. I'd prefer stateside.

My apologies if this has already been covered but I tried the search function to no avail.

Kevin

Re: WM20 replacing grease fittings with modern

L.A.kevin
Is there a supplier for zerk fittings that will fit the thread pattern for the grease fitting holes used in a 44 WM20? I'd like to swap out these fittings to a more modern one, so I can use a decent modern grease gun.

I'd like to buy a full kit for the 5 on the links, and the two on the steering head bearings. I'd prefer stateside.

My apologies if this has already been covered but I tried the search function to no avail.

Kevin

No problems replacing them they are either 1/4" or 3/16" Whitworth standard nippls available from any bearing supplier.
Take your out and they will match them up for you.
did mine so long ago forgoy what the size is.
Don't forget the seat nose

email (option): wariron@tpg.com.au

The grease nipples on a WM20 are mostly 1/4" BSF.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Auto-Performance-Silicone-Hoses/Grease-Nipples-/_i.html?_fsub=7258603

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Don't forget the ones in the wheel hubs and the one in the back brake lever...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I changed mine to the modern type for the purpose of re-greasing all when re-assembling my bike, but have changed back to the originals once I cleaned them all up, to keep the authentic appearance.
Julian

email (option): 79aust@sky.com

Julian Hands
I changed mine to the modern type for the purpose of re-greasing all when re-assembling my bike, but have changed back to the originals once I cleaned them all up, to keep the authentic appearance.
Julian

Julian,

If you don't mind my asking, what did you do about greasing the fittings after you replaced the old ones? I've been having a hell of a time trying to grease the old style fittings with my plunger tool kit gun.

Kevin

I just carry a couple of spare new style fittings and unscrew old to replace whilst re-loading with new grease.
The hardest ones are the wheel hubs and have considered leaving the new style ones in place on the hubs.

email (option): 79Aust@sky.com

britishfasteners.com in New York has the fittings.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

Joe Rosson
britishfasteners.com in New York has the fittings.

Excellent tip! Quick question... I'm going to order a tap just in case. That would be a taper fitting, not a bottom tap, right?

thanks,

Kevin

There are only a few threads on the fittings so a bottom tap should do it.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

Nieuwe pagina 1