Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confused about G3L Collars

Hello, this time with the clutc . I am confused now with 35-G3-E124.Distance collar for engine sprocket. Should this fit between engine sprocket and the crank case? What is the measurement for this? Also where does 180-X-8. Distance collar for sprocket and 206-X-2. Distance washer find their place? Tried all combinations but sadly dint work. Thanks so much.Tavery Peters.

email (option): tavery.p@hotmail.com

Re: Confused about G3L Collars

I will tell you the best i can 35 g3 e 124 goes behind the engine sprocket. 180x8 is the collar for the oil seal on the gearbox you can get a seal from dragonfly but i dont think you need the collar for some of the seals but keep it.Some of the seals need it. 206x2 is the distance washer for the sprocket on the gearbox.206x1 is the collar under the sprocket nut. when you put the clutch together you need grease for this stick the ball bearings onto 7x28 first put in 34x2 sorry then 36x2 and three hold the balls in place .

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

I have told you wrong you will need 180x 8 anyway it is the gearbox sprocket spacer but the oil seal fits round it.Go on the net and download the spares list. Just google matchless g3l spares list and they are there to download. It has all the part numbers and is easy to follow better than me trying to tell you.

Hi, I am equally confused with the above mentioned query.
1. I presume that the the collar 35-G3-E124 comes behind the Engine sprocket.
Is there any rubber washer/Seal that fits in here. See pic for reference.

Photobucket

2. Also I have a lot of semi fluid grease coming out from the Gearbox through the sprocket. Should I be replacing the oil seal or the washer?

3. Where does the washers 36-X-2 and 36-X-3 come? outside the gearbox sprocket or inside it? Blunt but I am that bad

JM

email (option): jahnmatthew04@gmail.com

FIRST get a new oil seal for the gearbox if 180x8 has a groove in it replace it or you never will stop it leaking put on the washers and tighten nut .NOW YOU MUST put on w40g2mc6 chaincase inner. Wire or loctite the three studs that hold it on put the sprocket on the dynamo then slide on 35 g3 e124 then the sprocket then std 830 slip clutch then the spring then washer then nut .Now you can build up the clutch . with 2 x 15 facing down put on 7x28 put in the middle 34x2 then with grease put the balls round 34x2 then put on 36x2 and 3 BEFORE you put this on the shaft you MUST put in four of 24x11 bolts put it all on the shaft and tighten nut you can now build up the clutch. Now put on the dynamo chain and gearbox chain check through 360 for tight spots. WHEN you put on the chaincase back half there is a spacer that goes between it and the engine mounting bracket.There is also one that goes in the middle of both of them . Take your time their is a lot of work if you get it wrong.

The new gearbox oil seal replaces the old felt one the new one is like a car crankshaft seal so you will not need the washer or the circlip put the new seal in level with the outside of the gearbox a large socket is a good thing to press it in with as i said before if 180x8 is grooved you will have to replace it you MUST remember trying to save time and money wont work there is a lot of stripping down to do to get back to this stage. after 180x8 put on washer 206x2 then sprocket then washer 210x then washer 206x1 then nut then knock tab from 210 over nut

Hello Steve, thank u from the bottom of my heart for the clear cut explanation.I am sure that this will solve more than 80% of my doubts. Thanks again and will keep in touch

JM

email (option): johnmatthew04@gmail.com

What about the 20% one thing about the oil seals if the new one is all rubber it will be to thick to get the circlip in. some of them where metal with rubber in the centre i think you may get the circlip on with these. AMC spares or dragonfly have them tell dragonfly its for a burman box .AMC spares will know what you need. When you adjust the chain from the engine to gearbox remember that you alter the drive chain to the back wheel turn everything 360 for tight spots.

Nieuwe pagina 1