The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
DR boots?

Top ones on this page, close?

http://www.civilwarboots.com/war_boots.asp

If so, thought you all might want a look.
Mike

email (option): yankee1865@msn.com

Re: DR boots?

I think these are the best available at the moment. However, if I read his story on top of the page I wonder if you couldn't better ask him to make exact replica's. $300 is a lot of money, but for 100% handmade shoes it is a reasonable price. Perhaps he's able to make them.
Interesting site though and a good initiative.

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

I came across this link on my stats page. I have made DR boots in the past I have an original unissued pair in my collection with a Canadian broad arrow marking.
Thanks
Tom Mattimore
Mattimore Harness www.civilwarboots.com

email (option): tom@civilwarboots.com

Hi Tom, what would be the cost now to make replica DR boots?

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

I've got a couple of pairs of original boots, but they are getting so rare and expensive now, I find myself worrying about actually wearing them! If Tom could make replicas and the price was right, I may be interested too?

I can make them the price would be $290 plus shipping. I do not have original heel plates but I do make some myself. I also have original hob nails but do not reccomend them on a bike.

email (option): tom@civilwarboots.com

£183 sounds quite reasonable for hand made, brand new DR boots....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Tom,Looked at your web site your boots do look the very nice, Yes Im up for a pair,I also have a pair of canadian original size 9. but although new are impossible to wear because too stiff ,even after soaking in neastsfoot oil for a year,so pefect for displays,strange as I have a new pair of 8s and the leather is ok , these will be for my grandson Zac , so sorry folks not for sale. so Tom e mail me your foot diagram with details of how to measure my feet, I will see if I can get laser cut heel and toe metal parts modeled from originals and yes I will fit hobnails !!I wore hobnail boots for ten years.will also want fitted the special insole metal protector for the kick start , Im a bit Fussy about that detail,again will try to get copied,,kind regards andrew .h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Andrew,
As I interpreted it, the steel plate for the kickstart was deleted about the same time the rubber shortage caused the kickstart rubber and footpeg rubbers to be deleted. Steel on steel wan't a good combination and feedback from the "field" indicated it wasn't required. So later boots would not have had the steel plate (sometime in 1943?) Others may have more input on this, no doubt lots of boots made up to that point were still in stores or in circulation.

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico-ca

Nieuwe pagina 1