Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Deal

Good morning all,
I'd like to pick the collective brain of this group. What do you all think of this bike? Everything there? Worth it? ANy other input?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BSA-M20-1944-Vintage-Military-WWII-/111007149693?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14134%26meid%3D5262303410014814276%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1085%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D111007149693%26#ht_443wt_917

Thanks in advance!
Mike

email (option): yankee1865@msn.com

Re: Good Deal

Hi Mike...Without knowing anything of its mechanical condition I would say it looks OK. Most of the basics are right, though details like the handlebar levers, horn, tank rubbers, rear light are incorrect. The paint finish is also entirely wrong. You'd be unlikely to win any prizes with it in the UK.
At that price though if it is running OK it would make an easy basis for a restoration to bring it up to 100%.
If on the other hand you like it as it is, even better...Ian.

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Not bad Michael. It's very complete and running with lots of the WD bits in place. It has the usual post war levers and I notice, no steering damper. The frame number would indicate if it should have one as BSA deleted it for about a year 1943/44. It even has a rosette! Start price equates to about £3000 GB, which I would expect over here, and could sell for £4-5K. The colour is 'orrible! But an easy restoration back to correct military spec I'd say.......Depends on the bidding!

Ron

PS you young whipper snapper Ian! Typing faster than me!

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Michael,

I'm in agreement with Ron and Ian. Being here in the states as I am, I would say that the price is just a bit high. There is generally much greater interest (and seems to be increasing) in the UK for the WD motorbikes than here, and the prices there reflect this. I would venture to say that for what it is, and for what it's missing, $3500 or a little more would be a reasonable price.

It's very good raw material for a military restoration, but at nearly $5K it's expensive raw material in MHO.

Best of luck,

Mark

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

You may be right Mark...The market is different 'over there'...Plus those really nice unrestored ones (with the lot numbers on) keep turning up in the USA.
In the UK that virtually never happens...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1