Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Completion of my BSA levers

I spent all day..... on and off, fitting a horn push and dip-switch to my BSA levers. I had to cut some 5BA screws down to about 3/16". The horn push is an original and easier to fit than the repro dip-switch. I gave both a light sand blast to dull the bright chrome. Could BSA have made anything more fiddly
Ron

photo M20178_zpsc8cd3745.jpg

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Completion of my BSA levers

Blimey, Ron...they stick out like chapel hat pegs ! Wouldn't they look nice with dull chromed levers ????

On the early Nortons, the dip switch screws direct to the (1") bars. The switch has to have an almost impossibly tight curve to fit and I'm puzzled how it was done without slots for the screws rather than circular holes. I've never found an original to look at though.

If I ever get round to a total strip and rebuild, I'll probably get everything correctly plated. But since my M20 is a mix of 1940-44 I'm quite happy with the mish mash of fittings and finishes. Ron

Ah Ron, did you bead blast my nice NOS horn button!! anyway looks good.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Ha Ha yes with slight trepidation Lex. I've been hanging on for you to get me an original dip switch......But you've let me down Ron

Ron, forgot about that dipswitch, might still have one? will look.

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

three levers

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I'm not sure what your query is Roger? But if you are not familiar with the early war BSA levers......The valve lifter is on top the clutch lever and the mag lever is the long one further down the bar.

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1