Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off Topic Wiring Question

I'm currently trying to do the wiring on a 1960s James, my least favourite part of any restoration!! One of the wires goes from Yellow to Transparent and in between the two, the wire is marked 'Resistance'. What is Resistance? This is the newest thing I've ever rewired and I've no idea what it's for. Sorry to be so 'off-topic', but I know someone out there will know what it's all about and will help me get the job done.

Re: Off Topic Wiring Question

It sounds like it goes to the headlamp or headlamp switch to stop the current blowing the bulbs as Honda used to do on their earlier models.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

instead of a ceramic resitor there are resitor wires which have the resistance built in the wire maybe this is one of them

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

On my Flea and ML the resistor for the direct lighting system is a copper wire coil near the switch. As Dave and Roger say, it must be built into the cable on yours. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks for all the replies chaps. It should go from the light switch to the bikes earth and at least now I've got some idea what it may be all about. Has anyone got any idea where I'd find such a thing as a resistor wire? I hesitate to say what it is I'm working on as it's a bit embarrassing and very off-topic, it's a 1961 James SC1 Scooter, please don't throw me off the WD forum, it's not mine, it's the wife's, honest Gov!

Nieuwe pagina 1