Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ten worst and five best military bikes

The ten worst and five best military bikes in the motor cycle news this week.The ten worst are 1 The welbike 2 bazooka vespa 3 triumph 3x2. 4 the kettenkrad 5
mercier front track prototype 6 the sanrinsha. 7 mz etz250a. 8 harley davidson wla. 9 the airborne cushman. 10 moto guzzi superaice .The five best 1 royal enfield flying flea. 2 the rokon. 3 husqvarna 258a. 4 bmwr75. 5 zundapp ks750

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

Re: ten worst and five best military bikes

The Bazooka Vespa is one of the most fabulous vehicles ever created!!

Those MCN journos haven't got a bloody clue..They probably haven't even seen most of those, never mind ridden them to make any kind of meaningful comparison..
They should stick to what they know best... sticking their knees out a long way on corners. hanging their arses off the seat and dreaming of being racers..MCN is nothing more than a comic these days..especially the new format...Written by people with a short attention span for their mates with the same problem...and too afraid to really question anything the manufacturers do....
....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
sticking their knees out a long way on corners. hanging their arses off the seat and dreaming of being racers..
..Ian

Sounds like me when I'm out on the 16H

The comic brings some rubbish at times - I would imagine the basis of their findings probably being on what looks cool over functional or excellence

Regretfully, the one journo who I respected most on the MCN was killed earlier this week at an overseas motorcycle launch, I will miss his informed articles, always a good read was Kevin

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Its all a matter of perspective, if you are going into battle from the side door of a C47 the Flea and Welbike would be the best.

And the Bazooker/Vespa must be your best bet if you meet an enemy tank.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

The Bazooka Vespa....... incredible! That may be the best military bike ever, though I might be inclined to relocate the seat!

photo Vespa150TAPBazooka_zpsb454a3d8.jpg

Awesome, and with all that sexy Italian styling!

email (option): wingco40@hotmail.com

If you want a good read you won't go far wrong with Danny Defazios 'Sump' website....He approches the whole thing from more than one perspective and includes 'related' articles of interest as well as the core subject material....Ian

email (option): Ian Wright

Does that Vespa have three reverse gears then?

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Rik
Ian Wright
sticking their knees out a long way on corners. hanging their arses off the seat and dreaming of being racers..
..Ian

Sounds like me when I'm out on the 16H

I resemble this comment, sometimes.

Doesn't work too well on the enfield though. I usually end up dragging the center stand way before my knee.

email (option): V8zspeed at yahoo dot com

I just LOVE the Vespa !!

There isn't much in the world that can't be improved by sticking a ruddy great bazooka on the front! I wonder what would happen to you if you fired it whilst moving? It would certainly go backwards very quickly then!!

It's a good thing the MODs never had these in the 60's

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I'm visualising a a DR with a tin helmet and Parka Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It could make for a lively weekend at Brighton...specially if the Rockers turn up with the Bofors equipped plunger A10... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

If we had used them on d day we would have won easy can you see a load of them coming up the beach the germans would have died laughing

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1