Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Norton 16H Rear Mudguard fixation

Hi all,

I want to mount my Mudguard to the frame and found out that there must be some kind of distance bush to connect Mudguard and frame. Because my mudguard is in a bad shape I can measure the correct length of such bushes. See pictures. Have not found this parts in the Spare Part Manual. I want to make sure the Mudguard is precisely aligned with the Rear wheel and the frame. So if I have the correct distances I can rebuilt my mudguard to fit them.

photo Norton_16H_RearMudguardBolt_zpseb1352ce.jpg

photo P1030894_zps98892516.jpg

Thanks
Phillip

email (option): phillip.thaler@gmx.at

Re: Norton 16H Rear Mudguard fixation

Phillip,
There are 3 hard fibre spacers on the rear mudguard fixings, well actually 4!
A couple of years ago there was a similar thread on Rob's forum but can't find it at the moment..
The "Rear mudguard bottom front frame attachment bolt" on your second picture should have a 1" dia. 5/16" width hard fibre spacer between the frame's lug and the mudguard.
The "Oil tank attachment clip pin (mudguard bridge)" on your first picture should have a two part spacer, of which Rik made a drawing sometime ago..

Photobucket

The third and last spacer is used between the rear number plate and the rear mudguard bottom portion (again 1" dia. 5/16" width hard fibre spacer).

Hope I do remember dimensions correctly!

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Thanks Kostas,
this detailed drawings are very useful if you have most of the parts missing on your bike :-)

Phillip

email (option): phillip.thaler@gmx.at

On my 16H I don't have a spacer on the bottom mudguard mount, it has a rubber washer then straight onto the frame. I don't know if that is correct, but yours looks to be a long way from the frame.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

You got me fixated on my rear guard now. I stared at it all day!

Nieuwe pagina 1