Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
royal enfield wd co

hi all any suggestions on how to keep the nut tight on the clutch basket because last year when i went out for a ride the nut came loose allowing the clutch basket to move off of the shaft wondered about putting a bit of lock tight on the thread
cheers michael

email (option): michael.rutland@hotmail.co.uk

Re: royal enfield wd co

Hey Mike,
A little bit of snow kept you off work?

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

A bit of loktite is a good idea. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi mick yes im off work today not building houses today just snowmen instead its okay for you boys indoors with the heating on i suppose you rode your bike to work this morning and didnt chicken out and take the car
cheers michael

hi ron yeah i thought it would be a good idea to put a drop of locktight on the threads since ive changed the engines over from the 250 clipper to the 350 royal enfield engine the clutch seems to slip abit
cheers michael

clutch on my wd enfield.

Locktite it.

Seemed like if my clutch wasn't slightly dragging; it was slightly slipping. Had a fair few attempts at sorting it by cleaning the plates and resetting it up etc.

Turns out that for £9, Hitchcocks do a "kit" that turns your 3 spring set up into a 6 spring one. I think it's crusader part but it fits straight on.
Part number is "6spring"

It's not that much stiffer and has sorted it.

email (option): madoc500@hotmail.com

I think there must be something wrong with the modern friction plates. Even after a very short time from fitting new plates, I can't kick my CO through compression without the valve lifter, as the clutch will slip. I haven't noticed it slipping on the road yet though. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1