Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vokes elbow reproduction castings

Hi all,

As some people know, we've been bizzy for a long time now, to have the Vokes airfilter elbows reproduced.

And we're finally getting somewhere, all CNC drawings were made for al 3 parts of the elbow, and patterns are being made now, with a percentage added for shrinkage, when the elbow is assembled the inner part has to be able to be moved, and with just using an original as a pattern this would not work.

Here's a drawing of the complete thing:

So just to see what interest there is here on the forum, I would like to ask, how many people would be interested in one, and what would you be prepared to pay?

I can be contacted directly too on: welbike@welbike.net

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: Vokes elbow reproduction castings

Hey Lex, I would certainly be interested.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Mine! MIne!

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Hi Lex,Yes i would be interested in an elbow.Mick.

email (option): sally_jones@btinternet.com

Mick Jones
Hi Lex,Yes i would be interested in an elbow.Mick.

Trade you an elbow for an arm and a leg Mick!

No could do with some better knees!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

I would be interested depending on cost. I know that quantity would obviously affect cost, but if you could let me know an idea of cost I could tell you if it's viable for me.

email (option): dwrudd@lineone.net

I am interested too, though obviously price is a factor. Do you have a ball park figure or is it entirely dependent on response.

Lex Yes I would like two,For two bikes,The price ,HMmmm,I would have thought world wide sales not more than a thousand at tops, and every one is entitled to a profit, its pays the food and fuel bill,!!! manufactoring including pattern moulds cost say £20 a set of Two ? profit, say,75 % plus tax, plus delivery. how close am I LEX . Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Lex count me in I'm interested too.

email (option): tiger100@telenet.be

Lex, Im also interested, put me down for one.

Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Nice, ever wanted item. But how about the flexible hose, between filter and elbow? A vacuumcleaner's one isn't suitable. Plus: must of us do have a filter but without the interior.
Anyhow: Lex' idea is a good start.
Peter.

email (option): p.pauwels@hetnet.nl

DR-boots
Nice, ever wanted item. But how about the flexible hose, between filter and elbow? A vacuumcleaner's one isn't suitable. Plus: must of us do have a filter but without the interior.
Anyhow: Lex' idea is a good start.
Peter.
I got my hose from Rob Miller on this site,i believe Henk also had some.Not sure about sourcing the interior though,Mick.

If I am right in saying that the hose should be a metal flexible wound type hose, I can get that stuff in different diameters.
If anyone can tell me the internal dimension required and the length needed, I could sort a price out per length for everyone who needs one
Darren

email (option): dwrudd@lineone.net

Darren
If I am right in saying that the hose should be a metal flexible wound type hose, I can get that stuff in different diameters.
If anyone can tell me the internal dimension required and the length needed, I could sort a price out per length for everyone who needs one
Darren

Hi Darren

That would be useful

email (option): tiger100@telenet.be

I believe Henk had some of the correct hose material..don't know if he has any left. Note that the original hose is very flexible and easy to bend. I have seen some modern stuff that was far too stiff...
As to price and quantity I think Andrew is being more than a little optimistic...I've never sold a thousand of anything for an M20 and what I have sold in quantities of more than 50 has been slow moving....
I think you'd have to make thousands to get anywhere near £20 a piece as suggested...Taking into account the time spent on Cad work, the costs of patterns, prototyping a complete piece then casting, fettling, and machining operations for a relatively small batch with sufficient profit to make it all worthwhile, I'm sure you will be looking at a substantially higher figure..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I'd also be interested but, with too much money going-out and not nearly enough coming-in, price would be a factor for me also. If you've a rough indication I can give you a firm yes or no.

Ian on reflection you are right, say no more than half say 500 tops and yes the the price will rise,I will wait till Lex comes back with numbers,Very cold here minus five and falling, Andrew

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi
If the offer is open it would be a definite yes from me, email attached
Cheers
Mike H

email (option): Michael.stewart@homecall.co.uk

I would like one set,too.

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1