DR Trousers

Hi all

Is there much difference between DR trousers and cavalry trousers

I have a post war cavalry set but don't know what the difference is

Any pointers ?

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: DR Trousers

I don't know John. All I can suggest is putting them on and, hanging around outside the gates of Hyde Park Barracks and seeing if you're subjected to indecent proposals ! You'll soon find out if they think you've got a good seat !

John I think the cavalry breeches were more of a heavy twill fabric which I'm sure were handed to DR's before the purpose made woven DR breeches were produced. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron

These are - "twill" material so basically the same as the DR type, but the DR trouser has material like a battle dress trouser

They were a good price so I had them

Many thanks

Job

John do they make your calf muscles look big?!!! More importantly do they fit around the waist? I got some in my jean size and they were nowhere near! I think you've fot to be honest about your waist size when you buy them and I also think the waist size was measured under the armpits!
The pins arrived yesterday, I'll get the cover drilled ASAP
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Never mind the trousers try finding the boots.Soldier of fortune sell repro dr trousers in large sizes.If you look at a lot of wartime pictures there where a lot of motorcycle riders in battledress trousers and ordinary boots

email (option): cooperbaumber@yahoo.com

I generally wear battledress trousers, boots and gaiters and a denison smock...The trousers etc. are more comfortable than the DR jods and have better pockets!....Always DR kit on D Day in Normandy though...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Did anyone see the size 10 DR boots in the OBM? I think they were £120 which isn't too bad

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Has anybody bought the dr boots that sanjay in india are making

Hi Stephen..The 'Likely Lads' from Lancashire bought the Indian DR boots..I believe they weren't overly impressed....That was about 4 years ago, I don't know the current state of play..though the clue might be in the word 'Indian'..(alternative spelling 'variable'). ...Ian

Stephen,

I strongly advise not to buy the Indian made boots. I know several guys who tried these and beside the poor finish and looks, they make your feet hurt really bad when you wear them.
I was lucky to catch an original pair in size 11 last year and if I find another pair I will mention it on this forum.

IMG-20120707-WA0001

Have a look at these for offer:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/WW2-BRITSH-ARMY-MOTORCYCLE-DISPATCH-RIDER-BOOTS-1939-to-1945-used-/300844565624?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item460bbbc478

Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@gmail.com

Gents.,
So we do have some Indian made versions and sometimes too small sizes being offered through fleebay. But: what's the alternative? The whole world is, regarding Normandy 2014, looking for the same stuff, so I guess we all need a good alternative, don't we? Who comes with a solution? I mean: the total demand for this kind of boots, will make it commercially interesting. Wouldn't there be a manufacture somewhere in Europe (or even China) who might provide us with reasonable quality DR-boots?
Peter

email (option): p.pauwels@hetnet.nl

I did see some boots at a bike show, they were called Demonia boots and they had some just like DR boots with 3 straps on a flap. I've just googled them and found these, not quite the same as the ones I saw but close.

http://www.demonia.co.uk/demonia-attack-10-steel-toe-black-leather-lace-up-calf-boot-with-straps.html

http://www.demonia.co.uk/demonia-gravel14-steel-toe-cap-lace-up-black-leather-calf-boot.html

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Peter,

I agree that there must be a solution. If I hadn't been so lucky it would have been my problem too.
For me the best option would be usage of postwar Dutch KL boots, which have similar lines and leather type as the original DR boots. They're still good available and reasonably priced. If we manage to obtain leather from the same material as these ankle boots (why not use an extra pair for taking apart?) we can stitch this on top of the boots. If the seam is just below the flap you need a reading glass to notice.
Another advantage would be that you can walk with them during the whole day.
I will post some pictures of mine later.

Regards,
Sven

DR boots, was: DR Trousers

Yes, these KL boots are ok I found a pair size 50 at a flea market; when I asked for the price the man said: "E 5, what freak needs such size?" Well, this freak does...
And my more normal going-out shoes (size 48 or 49) come from Portugal, excellent quality; no Brit bikers there who could try and find out who can make DR boots ?

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Re: DR boots, was: DR Trousers

Here we have an example from our famous Dutch 'Marktplaats' (Market place)

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/verzamelen/militaria-algemeen/m631640074-legerkisten-mt-43.html?c=a2384ef0ece270f44503df9f8598c624&previousPage=lr

Only €30 with at least one buckle! As you can see the looks so far are acceptable. Size 9. Seller says they are new.
There must be enough available. Dr Martens Getagrip could be suitable too.

Regards,
Sven

Size 9 = Dutch 43 Baby size

Sven, can you send me a pic showing your boots and details of the buckles ? I'll have a word with my shipbuilder/shoemaker

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Just found some dr martens 1914 boots at amazon they look ok but dont seem to be able to find what height they are.I have to say though that these would be fine at a run of the mill show and just use your dr boots for the important ones.

I bought a pair of boots unseen recently and they arrived this weekend

Usual problem for me is in getting them around the calf of my leg - too tight for me :-(

They are made by a company called Underground shoes and have a 14 hole lace arrangement. If like Sven you wore a hose top sock, you could disguise the fact they don't have the buckles on top, instead just lace holes

I bought them as a size 8 which fit my feet but the boot is too tight on the upper leg

I have problems with photo bucket so can't post photos, if someone could do this, I would send to them

I will be selling on as no good to me, but I will be getting a bigger size now that I know who makes them

Can someone post the picture ?

Best regards

Job

Send it to me if you want John. Ron

Thanks Ron

That's done

Job

Here are John's boots. Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are my KL boots, size 10,5.
I paid only €10....

2013-01-14 19.18.19

2013-01-14 19.18.32

Regards,
Sven

There is a very nice pair of dr breeches on ebay size 34.35 waist

I passed a 34 waist a while back.. ..I guess soon I'll have to brave the annual 'do my DR trousers still fit' challenge again...Ian

I bought some SOF DR troose and I want that impressed although they are pretty much the only place you can get them. I have been looking for the twill type for ages and have had no success for about 12 months, they would also be rather more comfortable on a hot French day in June, waist 35/36 if there are any out there..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1