Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Washer question

Under nut 29-905 "Engine shaft timing pinion nut" should be washer 65-695. But what kind op washer is this; the Parts list states "Shakeproof washer 1/2" diameter external" But the shaft is already 1/2"; what is meant by this
I have a box full of washers of all sizes, and I suppose that any kind of spring washer will do in this place. Or am I wrong...

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Re: Washer question

Hans, there are internal and external splitted ( on many places, not a normal lock washer) washers.
Lammert

Hi Hans..This is a normal shakeproof washer..The shaft size is half inch but the 'external' refers to the washer type not the O.D...namely, one with 'shakeproof' cuts on the outside edge (external) not the inside edge (internal)....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

You mean the upper one Ian?
Spring washers

I only have number 2, which will go over the shaft but has the cuts on the wrong side, and I don't have the correct one... MY WHOLE RESTORATION STOPS DEAD HERE...

PS: Perhaps I can also use the slightly thicker number 3 Which is post-war of course, but I hope nobody will notice

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Yes, the upper one Hans...I always use these and wouldn't make a recommendation for you to fit the spring washer, purely because I haven't done that myself.
You have to be careful that the nut doesn't contact the cover when fitted...
I think I'd be more inclined to use a plain washer and some Loctite..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
...I think I'd be more inclined to use a plain washer and some Loctite..Ian

My idea Ian, great stuff that Loctite I used the strongest kind in Africa to prevent the wheels from my car to be 'borrowed' by unknowns. But you should not forget a cigarette lighter in case of a flat...

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Nieuwe pagina 1