Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Enfield WD/CO

Hello I am hoping some one can help me find a rear wheel stand for a WD/CO. I have been searching with my mouse for the hard to find item, and as of yet found nothing. Has anyone got one for sale or know where I can find one, This is my quest to finish my rebuild. I comments most welcome, keeping history alive.

email (option): nicholas1066@o2.co.uk

Re: Royal Enfield WD/CO

Welcome Nicholas! Hope somebody will be able to help you!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Thanks for the Help Jan, and the information I think I have read the print off the paper. I`m going to try used to using forums for my search for the stand, I have contacted dealers, and anyone else on the off chance. One day I hope it will find one, here`s for hoping.

They crop up on eBay every now and so often.....

But having said that, on all the WD/CO frames that have ever come into my possession, the two items that are usually missing are the rear carrier/mudguard holder and the rear stand! Although in my experience the stand is more common that the carrier - although repop carriers are available these days.

Remember that the later Model G's reverted to the same stand as the WD/CO - so keep an eye on Model G bits as well.

Cheers,

Bruce

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

Didn't Kieran at "War Department" have some stands made for onew of the Enfields? I can't remember which one it was for.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Dave I think it was the even more unobtainable centre stand for the 'C'

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks will keep watching Ebay, shudder!! I will have a look at War Department spares. I suppose I can prop it up on the grass stand. lol Thanks Everyone

Hi,
Probably obvious and you have already tried but Hitchcocks Motorcycles are always a good source of Enfield spares. I use them for my
1981 Indian Enfield stuff.
Regards
Clive

Yes Clive I agree! Hitchcock's are quite good. But the only rear stands they have sold in recent times are for post war Model G's, which are not correct for a WD/CO. But could possibly be used. They were Indian made and I gather that the quality was poor and they haven't re-stocked. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron I found that out when I called them the other day. I will just keep watching Ebay and visiting auto jumbles. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Hi Nick

Good hunting for that one, I was after one as well for my project CO as well. Ebay came good in the end, but I've only ever seen one and I found that one in Germany.

Please mail me a pic or two of your bike as it may kick me into gear with mine.

Rick

email (option): rbrouard@guernsey.net

Hi Rick,

So how far have you got with your Enfield WD/CO, I have mine on the road now. I am currently now looking for a CO front wheel, as not sure what I have on it at present army mix and match.... works fine though!

Hi Nicholas

My CO is an as and when project, I now have most of the bike and in primer ready for topcoat. I only started with a engine/gearbox in a frame with two toolboxes, a horn and forks so you think you've got a challenge finding parts, haha. I'm in no rush to get it done, 2015 would be nice for the local liberation celebrations.
Did you find a stand, I tried to email you about that but got bounced back.

Rick

email (option): rbrouard@guernsey.net

would this be an option?
http://www.vintage-motorcycle.com/index.php?language=en&site=4&pid=42&id=1691&limit=0

cheers,

Leon

email (option): ljvbekkum AT hotmail DOT com

Hi Leon,

Thanks for the information, I bought one from them in the end two months ago. I had to mess with it and buy another spring fitting from Hitchcocks as the one shown was on the wrong side welded. All good now though and looks fine. I am just enjoying riding it now, as some of the pressure is off!

Nick

Is that you and your Royal Enfield on page 64 of the November Classic Military Vehicles magazine Nick? It certainly looks very smart, a job well done.

The stands that war department had were uk made, commissioned by himself not Indian ones! They were a little bit pricey, but guaranteed to fit and came with all the associated parts to fit them

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1