Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New old stock BSA inlet cam

Photobucket

This NOS inlet cam came with some spares when i brought my XM20 a few years ago. The gear wheel is the same as a M20 but the base circle of the cam is much smaller, the lift from the spindle centre to the tip of the cam is the same as a M20.
Can anyone identify this inlet cam for me, its marked with part number 65-2438
Thanks
Tim W

email (option): t.j.walker@btinternet.com

Re: New old stock BSA inlet cam

Hi Tim...That's the exhaust cam for a 1950 ZB Gold Star. The reduced base circle means it has more lift than the M20 cam but it's milder than the later Goldie touring cams..The matching inlet cam is 65-2436..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian I thought someone would know, it's no used to me will stick it on eBay unless someone wants it here first.
Thanks again.
Tim W

Hi Tim a bit late on, according to the BSA book by DW Munro, your cam was fitted as an inlet cam to the B32/34 and was used for touring,Scrambles and Grass track, Sand racing alcohol (Meghaphone) to pep up yor bike fit Exhaust cam 65-2436 +
and valve springs outer 65-1249 inner 65-1248, and a piston giving a compression ratio of 7.75 :1 and remove about 1/8th inch from the top of the valve guides to make sure the rockers dont contact the valve guides on full lift. Finaly make sure your engine is in sound mechanical condition before youcarry out modigications

Thanks for the info David, i let the cam go a while ago. It was no use to me I had a bit of a clearout of parts i would never use.

Tim W

Nieuwe pagina 1