Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dutch Army G14

Hello

Does anybody have period pictures of Dutch Army G14 and info about sidecars they were with?
Thanks.

Kalle

Re: Dutch Army G14

I have found this picture, may need a bit of cleaning up. I will search through my files when I have more time, as I am sure I have more.

Photobucket

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Henk has some pictures of them on the assembly line...and there is one being restored in Holland at the moment. No doubt he will oblige when he returns from relaxing in the sunshine on Crete ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Kalle, if you email me direct, I'll send you some info, and the email address of the man who's restoring one.

I saw a toolbox for one of these Dutch G14's on a jumble in Germany, last weekend, but when I went back to take a picture, it was gone! The Germans used these bikes a lot after the invasion here.

Will post some pictures here later.

Grtz, Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thanks.
Lex, email sent.

Kalle,

The G14's were equipped with Dutch built Hollandia sidecars in different versions.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

here's some pictures:

Factory?:

Dutch use:

German use:

Hollandia sidecar on BMW R12

That's all for now!

Lex

Hi Kalle,

Here's another one!

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Most of what I had has already been posted, but here are a few more

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hi,
beautifull pictures of a wonderfull bike. Strange to see most of them are ridden by German soldiers.
I thougt allmost all g 14,s (and many others) were destroyed in The Hague short after the Dutch army surrendered in early may 1940.
Obviously, some seem to have survived.
Michael

The 1st regiment Huzaren was stationed near the Hague and eventualy decided to burn their equipment after surrender. This regiment was equipped with BMW R12 combinations and R61 solo motorcycles. The later formed, second regiment was stationed in Noord Brabant and while retreating, scattered due to airstrikes and never reached the Hague. This second regiment was eventually equipped with BSA's.( although BMW's were preferred and well used during training) Therefore quite a few BSA's survived.

Jacques

Hello, thanks to everyone. What do you think is it possible to get any wartime Hollandia sidecar or remains of it? Have you seen any recently for sale?

Hello Kalle, i have been looking for one for years, i think the frame is basicly the standard pre-war Hollandia.
The inintial design structure was too narrow and changed although over 20 were delivered. This evolved into 2 basic designs: the troop carrier ( 1 person with full kit) with loading capacity and the (rectangular design) cargo type. Both design recieved minor changes during the design period towards 1940. I am in the proces of rebuiling the first type ( the narrow design) later referred to as the officers model.
Jacques

There is a g 14 gear box for sale at ebay UK at the moment, but i,m not sure if its really g 14
M.

Netley Marsh 2011:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Why is the Norton rivet counter looking at a BSA engine??

Lex

Why Rik would be looking: Norton rear wheel in BSA?

email (option): rpa@robvanmeel.nl

The front wheel and rear wheel where chanceable like the HD WLC they could olso chance the front and rear wheel gR Theo.Schipper

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

Found a few pictures of G 14's and sidecars ready to leave the factory.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sir Ewok
Found a few pictures of G 14's and sidecars ready to leave the factory.....

Certainly not in the BSA factory, but in a Dutch Army or Railroad shed, there are many BMW R12's there too, and the bikes already have Dutch reg. no's.

Thanks for the pic's though,

Lex

The caption under the first pictures tells it all. It is in Amsterdam a the Werkspoor works.

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

I realized that after I posted but did not have time to change the post.....Doh!

A new find

Rob

g14a

g14b

g14c

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

kalle
Hello

Does anybody have period pictures of Dutch Army G14 and info about sidecars they were with?
Thanks.

Kalle

Hello everyone,
I am in the process of restoration the BSA G14 motorcycle from 1939. According to the frame and engine number this motorcycle was delivered to the Dutch Army.
Does anyone know what color BSA G14 motorcycles used by the Dutch Army were painted in?
I am looking for any information and photos of such motorcycles.
I am also looking for a military sidecar for such a motorcycle.
Greetings from Poland.
Leszek

email (option): leszek.grabarek@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1