Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear wheel hub thrust washer

Can anybody tell me the dimensions of that thrust washer 15-7047 (part D31) in the rear wheel hub? Just found out that I have done 3000 miles without one...

Photobucket

And that little peg that goes into the locking washer D27: in my hub it is fixed in D27, but I think it should be part of D26.

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Re: Rear wheel hub thrust washer

Hi Hans..The peg should be part of D26 to allow you to adjust the bearing end float correctly. Not sure of the spacer dimensions from memory..You were lucky to run without one...often the wheel won't turn when the nuts are tightened if this part is omitted....Ian

Hi Hans..I've just been and measured a thrust washer...Thickness.. .143".I.D. to suit bearing sleeve (25). O.D. 1.187". Note also it is hardened......Ian

Thanks Ian, I found it, had been misplaced in the front wheel parts box...
Another problem I now encounter is that the left-hand nut 28 does not go fully on the thread; about 1/8" remains when tightened. As far as I can see all is mounted correctly but I don't think that's normal

Photobucket
Hans, if you look at the attached drawing, nut 28 is the nut marked A. It does not go all the way onto the shaft, otherwise the spacer D would push against the shaft and not bear up against nut A.

email (option): pvlietstra@gmail.com

Thanks Peter, could have seen that myself... Need glasses, I think.

Nieuwe pagina 1