Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear stand spring

Has anyone got a trick for putting on the rear stand spring. I am busting my gut trying to muscle it on to no avail

email (option): banderson323@bigpond.com

Re: Rear stand spring

hi Bryce,Hans Muller designed a nifty device to solve the problem .
go to the technical section and read spring puller
hope this helps
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi Bryce..My advice to anyone would be to take the time to make up a tool for fitting the spring..that way you can enjoy the rest of your life with all your fingers, both eyes functioning and your sanity reasonably intact.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Didn't someone come up with a bright idea on this forum a while back where you shove 2 pence pieces in each of the gaps until the spring is effectivly stretched and will fit straight on, you then just pull the coins out and Hey Presto! I've never tried it myself, but it sounds plausable?

Hi Bill.What do you think I am?..Made of money?... ....Using coins or washers to expand a spring is an old dodge..it works but I find a purpose made tool easier and it does less damage to the paint!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

i modifide an old coil spring compresser

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I tried the coin or in my case washer trick . I used an old scissor jack I had spare with two tech screws screwed in the side. Just hooked the spring on the screws and wound the jack up until I got the desired length chucked some washer in the gaps (both sides) and then let jack back down. I hooked the spring onto the stand and when I operated the stand all the washers just fell out. It worked a treat.

email (option): jamik@westnet.com.au

Yes, that's the only way to get those washers/pennies in: pre-stretching! When you try it by alternately bending the spring they fall out, DAMHIK...

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Nieuwe pagina 1