Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Numbnuts at the DVLA

As per old post I recently re-registered one of my B33s,This bike was unused for at least 40 years I managed to retain original reg number as I had a old tax disc but the new V5C stated date of registration as 2011.I then had the old rf60 book given to me by the previous owner this had the year of first registration as 7/5/49 .so I took this with me to local dvla office when I taxed bike for first time and they photocopied the old rf60 and sent a note with the V5C to change reg date,new V5C arrived unchanged with first registration date still at 2011.So onto phone told them of problem and was told it had been noted but put to one side and they just sent out a new v5c unchanged.Have been promised that the next V5C I get from DVLA will have the right registration date.Although the V5C states declared manufactured 1949 as far as my insurance company is concerned it could be just a 1949 frame/parts registered in 2011, As far as I am concerned right is right I have provided the correct information and expect it to be used by the DVLA not to put to one side and ignored.I guess just wait to see if they do change V5C or if they just churn out another one same as the old one Right rant over time for a beer.......Dave

Re: Numbnuts at the DVLA

Use a relative/trusted friends address and do a change of address..... See what comes back. If the info is now correct, all well and good and change back a few months later. If info is incorrect, blast them again and ask why it isn't changed bearing in mind the new MOT regs.....

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1