Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MCN Welbike article

My next-door neighbour has loaned me his copy of 'Motorcycle News' and I have done my best to scan the Welbike pages.
Henk let me know if I'm using to much memory with these. Ron

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: MCN Welbike article

Hi Ron

Nice story from the veteran. If set up properly and used in the right way, a Welbike is great fun to ride as you know. If not, then you'll end up like that reporter. That's why when you see a Welbike at a show, most are just sitting there static........... but you know me better than that :-)

Pino

And right 'andsome you look on one Pino. Must admit I've only started mine once and it sits on a shelf as the most expensive ornament in my shed.

I don't know if you've seen this Pino? My old friend Ted at 84 when we took this picture. Last time he rode one was Palermo 1943. He rode this one as though he'd never been off it.
Taken at Blandford Camp where he acts as a volunteer at the museum. 87 years old now and still prepared to ride a bike....A proper signals DR with the Para's. Ron

Photobucket

I am not sure thats an advert for a Welbike or not? I fancy one, but the prices of originals defys a bit of value logic imho. Ouch I will get shot for that I am sure!

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Looks like I'm for it as well then...I've always said you can get a proper motorcycle for that sort of money.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian,
Next time you get overtaken by a horrible little Welbike, don't believe all you read in the press :-)

I've finally just got a copy of the DVD from Preston Issacs of the WD bike run in Normandy we did a few years back.

email (option): pino357@btinternet.com

Thanks for that one Ron. Amazing at that age but highly comendable! When was the last time you ran yours?

email (option): pino357@btinternet.com

The only time I ran mine was just after I finished restoring it. Must be about 15 years ago. Same with my Flea and ML....I hate strokers!!

The bike that Ted is riding is Pete Miller's "From Welbike to Corgi"
It was actually Pete's son Richard who found my Welbike on one of his trips to India. He also found my original Big 4 sidecar body out there.......I love that guy Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1