Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Founders Day Again

Shall we have a group meeting at Founders Day at say 1.00pm? Anyone have a good suggestion where we might meet? Cheers John

Re: Founders Day Again

Hi John, I believe a few of us will be riding from Jack Hills cafe so 1.00 will be good, Meet by the burger vans above the autojumble?
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

vans booked bike nearly ready see you there would have like to ridden with you but my sister who is comming cant drive broken arm

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Pete

I shall be leaving Windsor at about 08.00 leaving me 2 comfortable hours to get to the cafe at Towcester

A bite to eat there would be good then we can ride to Founders day event

My contact no is 07762 770219

Looking forward to it now

Can we tempt you at all Mr Tinley or are Matchless motorcycles able for such a trip

:-D :-D

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Roger, be prepared to meet an old friend as I will be riding your old barn find.

Pete

Hi John, I have decided to take my James ML that I brought back from Normandy a year ago. As it has it's original war time military markings I thought people would be interested to see it . For this reason I have decided to go in the car as it will take a long time to get there on the ML. However, hope to see you all at the burger bar at 1.00pm. John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

Am still trying to take the Cushman, but not sure If I will be grossly overloaded!! anyway, 1 o'clock at the burger bar (is there no other bar?) I'll be there!

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Job

And any others that are meeting at Jacks cafe, Towcester. Shall we say meet at 10?

Pete Stowe

email (option): Gadboy@btinternet.com

Hi Peter & Pete

I intend to be there for 10.00hrs

Looking forward to meeting up &!having a ride out

Burgers @ 13.00hrs sounds good to me

Alsp Look forward to seeing your ML John

See ye there

Job

See you all there! am not taking the Cushman, but a 1936 DKW, that is half the weight!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

It looks like I'll be missing Founders Day tomorrow as I'm currently sat in Salisbury A&E with my daughter who has broken her wrist.
Have a good day chaps and post some pics please when you get back.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Hi lee

Hope things are better for you & your daughter today

Best regards

Job

Had a good ride today up to towcester from windsor where I met Peter Stowe, Pete ingram & his friend pat

We were treated to some nice local roads by Peter and arrived at Stanford at approx 11.30

Great autojumble - I haven't been for years but was very impressed with it

Got some small pieces with larger items for collection at next kempton park

At 13.00 hrs we met with some forum members, rick, Sean Walsh, john tinley, the 2 peters, I think we all managed to get something to make us happy

A nice day out & just under 180 miles round trip

Happy days

:-)

John,glad you enjoyed and nice meeting all forum members, faces and names now put together. Managed to find a few bits and pieces including 2 pairs of DR gloves for £22, but how come I miss things that others seem to find on the same stall
Pete

After 23 hours spent in Hospital, Poppy's back with a new plastercast and all's well.
Just before Buckfastleigh she dislocated her thumb which meant a weekend in Devon was out the window and a broken wrist put paid to Stanford Hall. If I didn't know better I'd say she was trying to keep me off the bike!
Here's hoping nothing happens before Goodwood Revival...

I rode through the night to get there, setting off at 2 am after only 2 hours sleep (we had visitors on saturday night), and getting there for 5 am, so I was absolutely shattered by about 10.30 and left to go home, but I'd bought what I wanted to by then, so apologies to anyone I was meant to meet, but I still had 150 mile ride home as I'd only had a couple of hours sleep from the night before, I thought it was wise to get back. I bought a lot of cheap little bits and pieces, the only expensive thing I bought was a new Alpha big end possibly for a BSA G14, I also bought a nice 1938 NFS steel helmet for a tenner (I've still got to find out what the big end was from) The James ML for £450 was cheap even though it was post war, but still nice. The Irish lads had a lot of stuff, but most people thought it was too expensive, but there was a lot of M20 and G3L stuff there.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

It was a good day out. I had three kids with me today, so no bike. Good display of military stuff. I found some good items including two Wesco oil cans with the folding spouts. I saw a stall with lots of Matchless G3L bits on it, but the last time I saw this bloke at Newark Autojuble the bits were all together as one complete bike, so that was a bit of a shame.

Nieuwe pagina 1