Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mad max and the vincent 3000 cc streamliner

hi,i thought this guy had given up or died in the process.his ultimate goal is to take a british bike to
beyond the realms of sanity.he has for years tried and tried,has built about seven versions,and still no cigar.
worth a look,he will get the 350+mph he wants.
new video of latest start-up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agrn40WY_QA
good luck max
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Re: mad max and the vincent 3000 cc streamliner

Great link Rick, I really like to see people who are living their dream it's what it's all about.

Great project..but where DO they get the money?...I have to save up for each bit as I go along!.. ...Ian

hi ian,hows the nitro burning m20 sprinter coming along? i have been fascinated by this guys efforts over a couple of years now.he really is dedicated for some reason to have that vincent to not only hold ,but be unbeatable in that class of
racing.i can't find it now,but funnily enough ,on his main website,there are pages listed in alphabetical order of the names and companies who send donations
to fund the quest.
and im not talking a few.how about a bit of sponsorship from the website?
im sure a few of the members would help out with a few quid ,i certainly will.
heres a link about another past master of sprinting,Rollie free,the guy who stripped to his knicks to take a first for vincent,(i hope you dont intend to)
http://www.rolliefreebook.com/Rollie.htm
keep us informed,always fancied a trip out to bonneville.
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi Rick...No plans to travel at high speed in my shreddies like Rollie...I'd rather go a bit slower!...The M20 is progressing..I am making the alloy oiltank and petrol tank parts at the moment and have just receieved the conrod from Carrillo so can progress the engine along as well.
I was offered sponsorship by one of my customers a while back but decided not to go for it...Firstly, at the moment I can pick up or put down the project to suit what is going on in the rest of my life, without feeling that I have a responsibility to someone else because they have given me thier hard earned cash...Second..Success cannot be guaranteed..It is quite a technical challenge and it remains to be seen whether I have the ability to get the required result..You have to believe you can do it to start in the first place but at the same time you have to be prepared for failure..even though you don't think that will happen!
I wouldn't like to think I had spread that feeling of 'deflation' to a wider group of people in that event..However,..I appreciate the sentiment and the suggestion...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1