Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3 handlebars

I now have an original G3 handlebar on loan, thanks to Mick from Drags. I'm about to get a small batch copied. I know about John Tinley's requirements.
But can anyone else who asked me or needs any please let me know ASAP. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Matchless G3 handlebars

Ron,

I would have a set of the bars,

Cheers,

Alistair

email (option): alistair@jimpeet.co.uk

OK Alistair. You're on the list. Ron

Me too if they are the same as the G3L
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

No Dave they are different. I had a batch of 30, G3L bars made for Steve Surby, copied from his original. I wouldn't think he's sold them all yet. Ron

Ron, can you pm me a phone number or email address for him
Thanks

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Ron,

I will take one bar.

Reg

Hinrik

email (option): hsteinsson28@hotmail.com

Email sent Dave.
You're on the list Hinrik.
I've asked for them to be ready for Netley. They will be made from the same thick wall tube (10G) as the originals.
Anyone else need any while we're at it? I'm expecting them to be around £24 pr.

Ron

Me too ron , andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

OK Andrew. Ron

Me three Ron, eh, I mean two handlebars please.

Henri

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

OK Henri. Two for you.

Ron

Count me in for one set Ron.

OK Andrew. Ron

Ron following recipt of the twist grip for the WNG, now need a pair of WNG handle bars, the originals were One inch reducing to 7/8ths,I tried one inch bars but not right, but its unlikly that any one will make these so its a 7th 8th set of bars, are you able to get these made or point me in the direction of some one who has a good copy, andrew.h.

Andrew the easiest with those is to use 7/8" bars and use a short piece of 1" tube slit into two halves at the clamps. I would think Draganfly or John Budgen should have them. Maybe Mick will respond.

Ron

Checking the W/NG parts books, the set up Ron suggested is what Ariel did when they went over to the "standard" WD set up. The parts book for S6287 (March '45)lists 6401-44 handle bar with 2x6403-44 plate, handlebar to fork clip.
We have tried in vain for years to find someone who can make tapered bars, it seems to be a lost art, unless you know someone who can still do it?
heers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Mick, have drags got good copies of WNG 7/8th handle bars in stock,unpainted of course, Nice to know the spacer thing is not a bodge, as I have an early bike still be nice to find tapered bars, but have to take whats avail, thanks andrew.h.

I have a slightly-bent pair of original W/NG tapered 'bars over at the farm....

My replacement 'bars were made using an undamaged period set of 7/8ths 'bars with a section of 1/16ths sheet steel carefully grafted and welded around the centre section and following the original set as a pattern for dimensions and bend....

There can be issues with some modern replica 'bars today, generally concerning the thickness of the tubing used....the latter can be a real issue when attempting to fit original end-plugs to the 'bars....!

Hi Steve, nice to know you are still about,(belated) congrats on getting hitched. Hope to catch up with you one day.
Andrew, Drags have just installed a tube bender so we will soon be making our own bars etc., so won't be a problem. We will just need reliable patterns.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Steve are the bars for sale, if so PP me, Nice to see you watching, hows the book comming along, regards andrew.h.

Mick Holmes
Hi Steve, nice to know you are still about,(belated) congrats on getting hitched. Hope to catch up with you one day.
Andrew, Drags have just installed a tube bender so we will soon be making our own bars etc., so won't be a problem. We will just need reliable patterns.
Cheers, Mick.

Many thanks Mick. Hope all's well with you and yours. I will be in touch soon. Life has been hectic for the last year, building up to the wedding and relocating, followed by work and the Olympics, etc.....not much free time unfortunately...

I may part with the 'bars Andrew, but they are stored away from home and I don't get over there all that often at present.....

My new book is coming along slowly but surely....bulk of the text is completed and I guess I'm about 50% of the way through the project that has so far taken over 2 years.....not motorcycle-related this time, but still a unique military subject....

Personally I'd rather have more information on British bikes...Not what the Spanish army uniforms looked like in 1965.

But I'm sure it will end up as a bible for others, as does your other books for some of us. Ron

First time you've mentioned you were in the Olympics Steve.. ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Not a problem Steve, when and if you get there,Any way you have my mail,But could do a conversion as Ron suggested, Any way keep up the plod , opps scuse the pun,on the book that is , andrew.h.

I now have the G3 handlebars and will take to Netley (Stall B14) for those who can pick up there. Can anyone else who has ordered them contact me for shipping arrangements. They are £24 a pair plus post. I have two extra if anyone needs some. Ron

Ron I'll pick up! and trade you for special N. nuts & bolts!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Sounds OK to me Lex.

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1