Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Panic stations

I am setting off to Begonia rally in Belgium on Thursday on my WM20, and just noticed the friction disc on the fork damper has disintegrated.
Anybody got any idea wwhere I can get one from quickly, or of an alternative material that I can get locally to make a new one from

email (option): Gadboy@btinternet.com

Re: Panic stations

Hi pete

I will look tonight when home

Best regards

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Peter

I think you need 2 friction discs in there, I have 2 new ones here that you can have

All I'll ask is that you replace them with same from russell motors

If you are travelling to Belgium, from where you are, you could collect from me at my work place , jct 5 m4 - we're just on the roundabout there

Big building, won't mention company name on the top

Pm me if this suits

Best regards

Job

Pete, if you can't take advantage of John ('s wonderful offer ) then legend has it that almost anything will do as a short term fix. Thin plywood / thick veneer might get you out of trouble.

I'm hoping to meet up with another 16H close to Leuven on Saturday morning so you should hear two old zijkleppers arrive later in the afternoon (if all goes well - last year, I lost compression before I was out of the village).

We'll be taking the slow route south of Brussels (I'm still practising for my BEF retreat).

How did that happen ? Any suggestions that my double empty post is related to the glass of Laphroaig at my side will be most strongly refuted.

Last edited by Dicky 22.45.

The legend is true rik, for quite some time I used nothing

Those early days of m20 riding :-D

Job

I don't like the idea of metal to metal John but anything's worth a go. Thin vinyl floor covering, a couple of circles of old polycarbonate helmet visor...Suck it and see, as the Bishop said to the actress !

Ooooh matron

:-D

If I was stuck & experimenting with materials I would give leather a try, reasonably thick stuff & if one side is glossy sand it rough. If that was rubbish I would give cork (bathroom tiles tiles or teacup mats) a try maybe even grease it. ... I've not ever tried either

i know you are all going to flinch in horror but i am going to say it so brace yourself you could use MDF i have heard some cheap clutch plates are made of this

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Jon
Thank you for very kind and trusting offer, which I will not be able to take you up on due time, place, distance etc. But it was very good of you to make the offer, in true motorcyclist way.
I have made a temporary pair out of plywood, which seems to work ok, and they have only got to last 500 miles or so.

Rik, hope to see you there

email (option): Gadboy@btinternet.com

No problem Peter, hope your temporary fix holds out for the trip

Enjoy the rally

:-)

Nieuwe pagina 1