WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Senior moment

Having a senior moment again:
Front wheel axle, Front wheel axle

Where does de right front fork leg fit: between 47 and 48, or between 48 and 49
And what's the size AF of nut 48 ? It's so small that when you tighten 49 I'm afraid to squeeze it into the hole in the fork leg...

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet [dot] nl

Re: Senior moment

Definitely a senior moment Hans! It's the left fork leg.
46 is under the speedo drive. then 47 and 48 go in order on the out side of speedo drive. Then the left side fork leg. I have a brand new nut here #48 which to my eyes measures 15/16" across flats. I doubt it can be AF. More like 20 tpi BSC. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, left and right, well, I was standing in front and then it is the right side
And AF was not referring to American Fine (heaven forbid ) but "across flats", so it should be nearly 24mm, and not 19 as I measured mine

Ah ok Hans. Russells have those nuts NOS. I bought one last week with some other parts....and your screws. The nut came with a miss formed thread, so Les sent me another. I'll see if I can save the thread with a Tap and you can have it. Or have you got a correct tap? I'll have to borrow one. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, that will be great! I have most CEI taps and dies, but according to Murphy's Law, this size is still lacking...

Nieuwe pagina 1