Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear wheel bearing cup removal

Hi, I have a question, how can I remove the bearing cup out off the rear wheel hub?

In the hub there is a blind hole, so you can’t drift it out......

Thanks

André

email (option): vplrn@hotmail.com

Re: Rear wheel bearing cup removal

Hello Andre,

I don't know if those photos will help,
but bacically I find that it easyest to take the axle out and tap it out from the other side.
Noam.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Yes, it will help!

I thought that there was no space to tap out the cup. But you wrote that you tap it from the other side. I thought the ring under the cup was a part off the hub, but it’s a loose ring. So I’ll tried it immediately as you said to do. And: It works!!!!!!!! The cup (and the ring) is loose off the wheel hub.

Noam Thanks a lot

André

email (option): vplrn@hotmail.com

Happy it worked for you !

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

hi,spot on ,these are the answers i like,straight to the point,before i joined in on this forum the only m20 i had worked on was 42 years ago.although it was a wm20
and only released two years prior to me getting my mitts on it,it had telescopic forks fitted and a crinkle hub rear wheel.these were also painted in green khaki,
so makes me wonder if the military had started to
update or improve what they had to work with.i think i somewhere still have the logbook,finding it will be another day,but i remember the frame number was definitely wm20 555----,there was no adjustment on that type of wheel,that is why i got confused 12 months ago
with a bearing adjustment question,its great to see
the plain ,free of charge,straight to the point answers,
as are usually given here.
keep it up boys,tremendous, cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1