Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Owls Head Vintage Motorcycle Meet, Maine USA

The Owls Head Transportation Museum in Owls Head,Maine will be hosting their annual Vintage Motorcycle Meet September 1st & 2nd. Sam Cormier and I will be meeting there on Saturday September 1st. Anyone in the Northeastern USA and Canada ( yes that would be you Vincent) is welcomed to join us. Maybe if we can a third bike to attend, we could go for a Guinness world record for the most WD bikes gathered in one place in the USA since WWII.
Photobucket

email (option): jamescusteau@yahoo.com

Re: Owls Head Vintage Motorcycle Meet, Maine USA

Of course I'd love to be there, alas this year is not in the cards for me. Next year I could probably convince Mike to bring his M20 too, making it a quartet!
This year on the same weekend we have an event at a restored 1940's village, plan to have my M20 there, will post pics.
We are in discussion to make the Military Muster next year in Ontario- may make it an extended tour and swing by Maine on the way back!
Have fun, looking forward to pics!
Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Hey look, my ugly face made it on here again. Looking forward to the meet, some very interesting and rare bikes there. Large collection of WWI planes too.

hi,this is a problem which arises now and again,great photo,but who is who?what say you henk? a rouges gallery
with photos of all the members,with or without their uniforms.(dont take that too far)
then we at least wont be talking,or typing to a tv screen,becomes more personal,so to speak.
i have met ian wright,(shady), job, (nice paddy),dave
plumb,(not down a dark alley),henk(couldnt understand him), leon,(didnt say very much) seen a photo of horror
was pointing a gun,(scary)--(scary name and all)
only a thought,we could have a prize for the best photo
entered
what do you all think?
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

I'm the good looking one!! Short, dark and handsome, oh well....two out of three ain't bad!

Sounds like a great idea Rick. I do the same thing here, I sometimes wonder who's who in the pictures, but I do know who some of the cast of characters are!

Hi James,
Is that a 69 in a tan colour background for the unit number on the tank, signifying the West Nova Scotia Regiment? I was going to do the same on my M20, but the decal guy came up with more of a gold background. Then decided to put a red 69 on a blue/white back for a Signals unit.
Cheers, Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Hi Vincent,

That would be more of a Sam question. When I did my tank, I went to the local sign maker and had him make an adhesive stencil with the numbers and the Airborne image that could peel away. This left me with the number/image field open so that I could paint it by hand. So the end result is no vinyl sticker on my bike, a hand painted look without having the skills of a sign maker.
Jim

Hi Vincent, North Nova Scotia Highlanders.
Sam

James Custeau
The Owls Head Transportation Museum in Owls Head,Maine will be hosting their annual Vintage Motorcycle Meet September 1st & 2nd. Sam Cormier and I will be meeting there on Saturday September 1st. Anyone in the Northeastern USA and Canada ( yes that would be you Vincent) is welcomed to join us. Maybe if we can a third bike to attend, we could go for a Guinness world record for the most WD bikes gathered in one place in the USA since WWII.

Sorry I can't make it, maybe next year, but if you want to go for the Guinness world record, you'll have to do better!! At one time we had at the Reading Airshow in PA, a Welbike, 2 Matchless G3's, 2 Matchless G3L's, and a BSA M20 all in the same spot, can't find my pictures right now.

Cheers,

Lex Schmidt

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Lex,

The guys on the other side of the pond must be chuckling at a gathering of five WD bikes being a major accomplishment!

James

Nieuwe pagina 1