Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Generator wiring harness

Looking at the wiring diagram, I see the Generator F and D connections go directly to the Regulator- being only about a foot apart, do the wires have their own short harness, or would they have originally been enclosed in the main harness only to emerge a few inches away? I'll be doing my wiring shortly and will likely opt to do a short 2-wire harness to connect the generator to the reg.
Just curious how it would heve been done at the factory level.
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Re: Generator wiring harness

"Main harness" ? "short harness" ? Those are rather grand names for the odd wires that connect the electrical bits together on machines of this era.

I believe that the M20 is as per the 16H in this regard and the only "harness" is the length of rubber tube that protects the main bundle as it runs round the headstock (it enters the headlamp and runs to approximately the saddle nose).

All the wiring should be black with coloured ring markers and the F & D connections run from the dynamo, are taped a couple of times with cloth tape to the earth wire running from the ground point on the mag body and then clipped to the frame tube on the way to the regulator.

Nieuwe pagina 1