Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
big-end

My big-end has endplay, the rollers are 0.247" so I replace them with standard 0.250" (Harley-Davidson rollers according to Dave Plump's advice) But they are to tight.
Are there undersize rollers ? 0.249" or 0.248"

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Re: big-end

Hi John..Harley rollers do come in incremental steps for selective assembly. I think Dave keeps the various sizes.....Ian

John, I have just fitted harley rollers to one of my B33s, These too were a tight fit so I had the outer track on rod honed as well as the big end pin cleaned up to get the clearance needed, but as Ian says there are different sizes which are ok to fit if rod is not worn oval. Dave...

Hi, Harley rollers only start at .0250", they don't do undersizes, only oversizes, I suggest getting the rod honed a little to get them to fit and this will also refresh the service. Most good car engine rebuilders should be able to do it.
Dave

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

The conrod, crankpin and rollers are allready in a machine shop. Strange however was that allthough there was a (too) tight fit, the conrod turned freely. But when I give it a good push, after 5/6 turns it "moved" sideways and got clamped. Maybe someone hear the big-end in need of repair ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmdOwf2ld7I&feature=plcp

John

email (option): john.kater@chello.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1