Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rear guard handle bracket regulater mounting

Hi Team
i have a new rear guard section (probably made in india) but it does not have the brackets to bolt the lift handle to. i have had a look in the parts but don't see a separate bracket. Can some tell me if these brackets were a seperate item and how they were fitted. A pic would be good to.

The other problem i have is the mounting of the regulater. Were they bolted directly to the guard or is there an additiona bracket here to.

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

Re: rear guard handle bracket regulater mounting

Hi Phil. Here are a couple of pics of the rear guard which shows the lifting handle bracket. I think this is originally spot welded to the guard with two welded nuts for the tail piece bolts.
Photobucket

Photobucket

You need spacers under the regulator feet. Ian made these ones from stainless hex. The parts list just calls them packing washers? Some tube spacers would do just as well with a nut and bolt right through. But these on my guard will allow me to remove the regulator a lot easier. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Phil..The 'bridge piece' that the lifting handle bolts to is rivetted to the main body of the mudguard, with the threaded parts for the tail piece bolts welded to the 'bridge' underneath..Ian

Thanks Ron And Ian
Info, as always is very helpful
Cheers
Phil
M20-109711

Hey Ron, that used to be my early M20 rearguard, for a whole day!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

How dare you Lex. It's not an M20 mudguard! It belongs to an Indian special Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1