Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Repro girder forks

I have 1936 m20 girder forks which do not suit my wm20 1942 wheel. As it is very difficult getting original set of forks, I am considering purchasing a set of Indian repro forks. Has anyone had experience of the Indian forks? Are they ok to use?

email (option): banderson323@bigpond.com

Re: Repro girder forks

Hi Bryce, this has been discussed many times, have a look at this post

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1233106&cmd=show

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Bryce, I have a 1935/36 Blue Star that could do with a set of girder forks, if you do change the forks over and want to sell the old forks please let me know.
P.s. I thought the 1936 "Empire Star" forks were the same as WD M20 with everything except the cross trees.
i.e. the Empire Star version has a different handle bar mounting arrangement?

Rgds Dave

email (option): d.weston@virgin.net

Maybe he has lightweight forks. Show us a picture of them please.

I think your is smaller my M22 special is olso fit with an bleu star fork it will fit bud there will not be anny space for the speedometer drive Gr Theo

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

Good point ref the lightweights, they also fell under the "Blue Star" heading.. Their forks are different to the heavyweight.
I have a 1936 Empire Star Q8 and the forks are more or less the same as the WDM20, the handlebar mounting is different and they ran unbushed, but the main geometry is the same. My 1935 W35-7 is the same as the Q8.

Rgds Dave

I have pictures but cannot findout how to upload them to this message. can you assist?

It's quite complicated. You have to have them in photobucket- share- copy and paste the http code into your post. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks,I studied the comments. I think that if I do not know the history of the forks manufacture than do not use them. Looks like I am back to square one, trying to make the 1936 forks fit the 1942 bike.Or hopefully get lucky and find a set of 1942 originals.

it is not a good picture of the detail of the gider fork bud you do not find a spedometer drive and maybe you see the sparkplug key for the ble star i thinkPhotobucket Gr Theo Schipper

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1