Hi henk

Any chance of sending the current & previous photos

I like tanks & scammel pioneers in photos too

:-)

Many thanks

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Web site pics

A cracking photo ! What's the story there ? I take it we had air superiority as they're horribly bunched up.

That's a good one What is that over the bike's head light..?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

That's his tin hat. Although all motorcyclists received proper crash helmets later in the war, they replaced them with the standard MkII helmet in combat situations.

Ah ok thanks Rik, that threw me as he's wearing a helmet. I thought it was a 12" blackout mask

A super picture.

I suspect it might be a Heavy Artillery Regiment of 1st Army in North Africa, possibly even Spike Milligans Regiment.

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Horror
That's a good one What is that over the bike's head light..?

And what about this, is this also a helmet

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

They are strange blackout masks Henk.

Rob, are you sure this is North Africa...? Not that I know what North Africa looks like, but they're wearing heavy coats and rain macs and that looks like crops at the side of the road?

It looks like this Dave. Ron

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=north+african+campaign&hl=en&prmd=imvnsb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=VHcSUJy_JsrQ0QXUuoHYDg&ved=0CFkQsAQ&biw=1239&bih=857

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

In Spike Milligans book "Rommel" "Gunner who" page 43,the same picture is shown, as 19 Battery 56th Heavy Rgt R.A. jAN 1943 North Africa

email (option): colin.harmes@virgin.net

Thanks Ron, I'll book my holiday

Colin H
In Spike Milligans book "Rommel" "Gunner who" page 43,the same picture is shown, as 19 Battery 56th Heavy Rgt R.A. jAN 1943 North Africa

Thanks Colin, I was beginning to doubt myself Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Rob &Colin
Spikes books do make me smile ,
My Gramp was in north Africa 1st army , I was very lucky to spend my youth with gramp , listening to his tails , one that stays with me , one day they went out set, the gun up , ordered to bombard a sector ,after a short time they came under attact ,direct hit ,he was the only one to survive ,
My Ariel has been done in desert colours 1st army ,
Spikes books do remind me of the great times gramp and I had together
John

I have the same picture as Henk showed & I believe they were Bulgarian helmets, cut down as blackout masks.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

I suppose non of these black-out masks survived but it would be nice to find one, they are ugly but still

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi John, I have all six books of his "trilogy" of war memoirs, some signed, they make great reading, but then I am a goons fan, so Spike could do no wrong

email (option): colin.harmes@virgin.net

Hi colin
I've spikes books great read
John

Nieuwe pagina 1