Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
- - - - - Some new photos - - - - -

I found these at Beltring and Heathfield Market (E Sussex) during the last week.

M20 with what looks like a Talflow filter.
Photobucket

Douglas L29?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: - - - - - Some new photos - - - - -

Great photos, thanks. Nice to see a bike that is actually using a Talflow.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nice photos Rob..Carry on like this and there'll be a book...
I'm hoping to get a few photos shortly from an old lady in the village my missus looks after...Her husband was a DR and she has already got out his service record that records the fact he was blown off his bike on or near Nijmegen bridge in 1944...More details soon hopefully...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,

Keep me posted on this story, please.
I live very close to Nijmegen.

Cheers.

Leon

Ps what has happened to the bike in last picture?
The headlight is only hanging in a thread......

The last photograph is an interesting one. Very definitely pre-war. The 16H looks to have been competing in a trial but the Vickers Medium Mk11 in the background has a track loose so presumably more than just a sporting competion. Is that a workshop tent ?

By the way, does the Norton in the second to last photograph have fuel staining on a dusty tank (Italy perhaps ?) or is it a founder member of the 'Ringpiece Club' ?

Very nice pictures Rob!
I know that one of the improvements Norton had to make to get the army contract was on the headlamp brackets as they broke during off road use, so this picture could be taken during the prewar trials.
Regards,
Sven
This one I caught recently
WD16H

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

Hi Leon..Will do...Apparently he was a Driver but got a leg injury that prevented him getting in and out of trucks..However, he could still ride a bike so he transferred to motorcycles as an M.P...It was in that job that he got blown off the bike at Nijmegen in '44.
Apparently he suffered from blast concussion (bleeding from the ears etc.) and was temporarily hospitalised, but recovered to return to duty...Hopefully I'll get the full story and, with luck, some photos to copy...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Some very interesting stories and photos here. I wish we could do wartime bikers of all nations more justice..... Keep up the good work guys

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

I got some more interesting info. today about the 'MC' that got blown off his bike at Nijmegen..
He was issued with an M20 not long after D Day when he was transferred to become a motorcycle mounted MP..What was interesting was that the M20 was issued to him in 'Feldgrau' as it had only recently been recaptured from the Germans, who had been using it in France since the Dunkirk period!...Ian

Ian Wright
I got some more interesting info. today about the 'MC' that got blown off his bike at Nijmegen..
He was issued with an M20 not long after D Day when he was transferred to become a motorcycle mounted MP..What was interesting was that the M20 was issued to him in 'Feldgrau' as it had only recently been recaptured from the Germans, who had been using it in France since the Dunkirk period!...Ian
Now that would be an interesting bike colour, 'feldgrau' and of course Original by default,Who will be the first? andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Had the Matchie mot'd today at the local garage and the owner was proud to show me a photo of his late father in Germany on what I think is an M20. May be just after the war as the YE registration number is visible on the tank. If anyone can help with info on the photo I will pass onto him. I can e-mail the photo if someone can upload as its not my thing
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Nieuwe pagina 1