Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA B31 parts

Hi there,

I have an ex-civil defence BSA B31 (1954 frame, 1956 engine) and am struggling to get hold of the following parts. I have tried Burton Bike Bits and Dragonfly Motorcycles but both suggest it will be a long wait. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any ideas as to how to get hold of the following:

Primary drive spring (67-1136), sliding member (cush drive cam, 42-70), clutch chainwheel (65-3922)

Many thanks in advance, Michael

email (option): brownmjh@gmail.com

Re: BSA B31 parts

Hi Michael..To save me looking do you have a '2 lobe' or '4 lobe' shock absorber assembly?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,

Thanks for getting back to me so quick! That's great. Although I'm afraid I don't know what you mean...the bits I need are to do with the clutch and primary drive...I may just be showing my lack of technical knowledge but I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that :-)

Michael

Hi Michael..I'll take a look at the parts list and see what you are after..I might have some used parts for the shock absorber assembly...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Rather then try to find the thin 3 plate chainwheel for a B31 why not fit a 5 plate one that fits B33s and A10s much easier to get.

Brilliant! Thanks Ian and Ian :-)

As I am also waiting for parts for the primary drive I suppose the decision to use an alternative clutch would depend on if I could get hold of the other parts I need, thanks for the suggestion. Which of the other clutch parts would need to be changed in addition to the chainwheel if I did do as you suggest?

I'll get hold of Dragonfly and Burton to see if they have any idea of how long the wait might be...unless anyone knows of an alternative supplier to try?

Many thanks,

Michael

Nieuwe pagina 1