Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any info on WM20-53729 ??

Just bought this challenging project, is has frameno WM20-53729 and a later BM21 engine. As you can see it has the brazed lug for the sidestand and pillion footrests and the panniers. It also has a ribbed rearguard and was wondering if this combination of parts could be correct for this bike ??

Photobucket

Also any info on its history would be much appreciated. It has a russian fronttyre and speedo so it probably spend some time over there.

Thanks in advance, Regards, Michiel

email (option): m.wijbenga@hotmail.com

Re: Any info on WM20-53729 ??

Nice story, where do you find these M20 projects?I check various sites every day just for fun but i dont find them...

email (option): maartenvandebeek@hotmail.com

Hi Michiel,

It's not in the key cards. It left the factory 12-02-1942 so it could still have had the ribbed rear mudguard but I am not 100% sure about that. Originally it had matching engine and frame numbers.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Any idea when the first panniers were fitted ??

Wouldn't the short field stand have a conflict with the panniers or was there some period that the brazed lug was still there and not used, and they fitted the longer fieldstand ?? The longer stand also came (loose) with the bike.

Hi Henk, thanks for looking, pitty it is't in the keycards but I now know the factory date

Hi Maarten, it was indeed not advertised (yet), comes from Dutch Lion, I saw it standing in the corner when I was there some time ago

Regards, Michiel

If my calculation are ok your tank number would have been C4635317.

Here two photos with bikes with tank numbers quite close to yours so this is what yours probably looked like too when new. Your rear frame might not be the original one of course.

Henk

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nice pictures !!, Henk

On the first picture there is still the brazed lug for the short stand so the rearframe could be the original.

Also like the big 8" headlamp. But no more combination levers at that time if I look correct.

Thanks again, also for your calculation, Michiel

Nieuwe pagina 1