Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mudguards replica good / bad

Hi Guys
The guards on my bike need a lot of tlc to get back to good condition. So i are thinking that it may be cheaper to buy new. Now i have read different things about the some of the repro parts . So my question is which of the repro guards are the best quality? and were should i purchase from?

Cheers
Phil
WM@0-109711

email (option): wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

Re: mudguards replica good / bad

See this thread, these are a pretty good copy
http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1228577&cmd=show

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

See also this (much longer, sorry, but pretty thorough) thread.

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1227215&cmd=show

The take away is that I beleive Renovation Spares was considered to have the best match in the past. I don't beleive Ian has been in touch with them yet though. I've never seen these or Frederik's personally, but am in search of a front guard myself so please let me know what you find!!!

Renovation Spares
49 Feckenham Road
Headless Cross, Redditch
Tel 01527 543796
info@renovationspares.com

email (option): cpdoberstein@gmail.com

hI Phil,i recently purchased a front M20 mudgaurd from Bill Green in Australia. Its a perfect fit and a quality reproduction. I see in his catalouge he also stocks complete rear gaurds as well. Im in NZ too and postage costs wernt too excessive.

email (option): fuzzyempire@hotmail.com

I've had a few mudguards that were very bad imitations from renovation spares, his attitude when I told him they were wrong absolutely sucked, (almost bordering on abuse!) so I now won't buy from him, what is frustrating is that they have the capabilities to make them correctly, but never seem to do them properly.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi Dave..Renovation Spares has recently changed hands and the new owner is apparently more helpful than Peter Lovett who ran it before..he was difficult to deal with. He was always telling me how customers p****d him off and he wanted to retire...Thankfully it seems he has. I haven't spoken to the new owner yet but a friend said he was helpful..You can find them at info@renovationspares.com or 01527 892344....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Hamish.
Do you have Bill Greens details in Aus,as i myself am after a front and rear guards.
Iam staying away from that Indian crap.
Cheers Mate.
Anthony.

Interesting. I've ordered parts from Bill before and had mixed results. I don't see the front guards in the current partslist I have from him, but I'm going to check in with him to see. Here's the last email address I have for Bill, Hamish may have something more current...

bbg34@optusnet.com.au

email (option): cpdoberstein@gmail.com

Hi Boys
I spoke to Bill Green last week about a petrol tank and he told me he gets a lot of his stuff from India , been dealing with the same guy for some time and also said BSA use to get stuff from there, so maybe somthings are ok, just dont buy any crank pins

email (option): Markbrob1@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1