WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum pic.

What's the story on this one Henk?..It doesn't look like a recent picture...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Forum pic.

I'd speculate, judging from the bent footrest and brake gear, plus the headlamp switch/ammeter remains now residing behind the barrel that this one has had a trip down the road? Or possibly in to the canal visble behind, maybe just been recovered? Pinched and dumped? Not in long enough to deteriorate too much, but long enough for the seat cover and one or two more bits to drift off Perhaps the style of the car behind might help date it. Just how wrong can a speculation get?

The sign is Princess Irene Brigade and it looks basically un-got-at but it does seem to have electrical issues.

Is the car behind a Talbot Alpine on Dutch plates or is it an early Passat ? Mid 1970s whatever.

hi,can i ask what picture you are seeing ? i see a tank with a bike to the rear,some injured guys on the ground and prolly bren gun carrier,i seem to always be behind
the times.
my mate loaded a ubuntu type programme into my puter,
said i would never get a virus again,now every time i go to youtube my machine shuts down,technology eh
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

rick
hi,can i ask what picture you are seeing ? i see a tank with a bike to the rear,some injured guys on the ground and prolly bren gun carrier,i seem to always be behind
the times.
my mate loaded a ubuntu type programme into my puter,
said i would never get a virus again,now every time i go to youtube my machine shuts down,technology eh
cheers rick

That's the website pic, not the forum pic. If you're still seeing the experimental hybrid then you need to click on 'refresh' a couple of times on this page. For some reason, this forum seems to hang on to images, even when re-opening.

hi rik,sorry but im still in sidevalve land,where is refresh to click
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

It should be on your browser somewhere I think - a small symbol like a spiral with an arrow head. Mine on Firefox is next to a house and the backwards and forwards symbols.

Were these bikes loaded onto gliders or something? I'm just curious about the line on the primary and wether it's a c of g mark.

I also see what appears to be a CoG marking on the primary cover. I bet this bike was flown in from somewhere.
BeSt regArds,
Eric

email (option): BSAWM20@gmail.com

This bike has been left behind in Holland after the war and finally ended up at a technical school as a teaching project. Not much has been done with it and it stayed there up to the moment the photo is take which must indeed be quite a few years ago. It's still around and is (unfortunately) restored now. Leon Hoppenbrouwers knows the owner, he had been working with that guy for years not knowing they both had a military M20.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

the C of G line is for lifting the bike on/off ships lorries and other types of vehicles

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

I've got to agree with you on this one Henk, it is a shame it was restored, particularly in view of the unusual markings and largely intact finishes...A really good clean up and some sympathetic 'recommissioning' work would have made a useable bike..and I've only seen one other wartime (pre Dunkirk) M20 that was as good and as original as that one...But perhaps in the 70s there were more of them about...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I think my scenario was much more interesting
but I do still think it has been down the road. Bent footrest, bent brake lever, bent brake rod. It still only needs a few steps to get it in the canal

I haven't seen any photos of the bike after it was restored, I should ask Leon he might still know where it is.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Having thrown mine down the road, I agree with you btb

I have grown to appreciate the marks/damage now, all part of motorcycle ownership & perils of riding on the road

:-)

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

That looks great with the original markings on the tank. A shame to loose that. I'd love to see if it's been restored the same.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1