Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum picture

I just noticed that the B30 engined Royal Enfield has changed into a Matchless G3 with B30 Engine. Again with a direct lighting set up.

OK Ian....I'll up my offer to £75 for your spare B30 engine

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Forum picture

They all wanted to fit a "good" engine in the end

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

i'd sell you mine for that amount Ron.

If you want i can delever the toolbox and the gearbox if there are more who have some spare parts you can build a complete motorcycle Gr Theo

email (option): oldbikes@kpnmail.nl

I'll hold you to that Clive Ron

I like the Enfield version..or the Ariel one..Are there any photos of that?.(or the Norton version)..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Seriously, why on earth did they spend time doing this. AMC were known to make very quiet engines. Is the B30 a 500cc? I would agree that having a magdyno would be a big plus. Is there a photo of the other side? Cheers John

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

John I don't think it was about improving an already sound engine. It was an experiment in building a robust and easy to maintain standard motorcycle, by using a firm that could produce the required quantity of engines. Ultimately you would have had one, two or three firms providing the chassis with BSA supplying engines and gearbox's. How much easier that would have been for REME workshops. Ron

PS. As much as I love my G3....I find it a bitch to work on!!

Nieuwe pagina 1