Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rare colour picture

I had to share this rare colour picture. Taken from a selection of pictures on another site. Artillery unit in Singapore just before the war. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Rare colour picture

Nice picture Ron..handy for matching unit marking colours and featuring a Quad, one of my favourite vehicles. However, taken during the war I think , not before...The C number on the bike is from a 1940 contract completed in 41...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nice.I should think the red sticker in windows of both quads,are loading instructions, as these MT various, look like they have just arived .very rare to see original colour photoes, andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Just in time to pass them on to the Japanese.. ..Ian

I did wonder about the date? I didn't get round to looking the census number up. But I thought a pre war M20 might have had a valanced guard. But It looks like they are arriving at the docks. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

talking about div signs what division would red over green diagnal with white numbers 22 i know the red over green is RASC or where could i find any information thanks roger

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Ron Pier
I did wonder about the date? I didn't get round to looking the census number up. But I thought a pre war M20 might have had a valanced guard. But It looks like they are arriving at the docks. Ron

Yes Ron, In the first picture its indeed in the docs! Very nice pictures always looking
for more of those colored photographs !
Thanks
Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

Hi Ron,

Here that same bike. Was the original colour photo better then here on the forum?

Henk

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

These 2 pictures really show what you miss in black and white. I'd hardly noticed the red, blue and white stripes on the tank, but in colour they are unmissable.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

The uniform, sandy looking ground and clear sky immediately made me think this was a 'desert' picture in the black and white image...wrong!...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1