Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forum picture.

Another prototype! BSA WB30 engine in a Royal Enfield WD/G frame. No battery! Direct lighting. Fitted also with BSA gearbox and oil tank. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Forum picture.

M20 transmission and footrests as well..I've got an engine and gearbox..just need the rest ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There you go Ian........Give you fifty quid for your engine Ron

Photobucket

I'll give you £55 for the chassis.. ..Ian

I'll give you 250 each

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

'Reserve not met'... ...Ian

Once you've all stopped squabbling, kindly proceed as follows:
1) Remove rear stays (along with toolboxes)
2) Wrap in bubblewrap and carefully place in padded cardboard box
3) Send said padded cardboard box to your's truly down here at the bottom end of Africa.....

Now slow down...... not all at once......

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

Have an Enfield rear stand I'll bring to Beltring!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Bruce maybe for an extra fiver, I'll throw in the correct rear carrier and toolbox arrangement......Maybe!

Or have I misunderstood and you actually want those small box's?

Ron

Photobucket

That sure looks like a good project. Btw, I'm looking for a rear stand for my '47 RE J2, the old one's beyond redemption and a similar stand been hard to come by-so far.Has anyone any ideas as to whether any other stands off other Royal Enfields would be a worthy replacement?
Ron-I'm actually looking out for these small boxes-if you're flogging them-if not could I have some more pics of them along with some dimensions, so that I could make up a couple? That if isn't too much trouble, in which case just the pics would do.
Hank

Hank. So far I can't find those box's. I think I might have let them go with a pile of other gear. I'll keep looking though.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Think I can manage the extra fiver!

I actually need a set of rear stays for a post-war model G - mit toolboxes und alles.

But the rear carrier in your pic (a WD/C I presume?) is what I need for my early post-war model CO which used the same part. As you know, I've got a pile of WD/CO bits, but the one part that is always AWOL is the rear carrier for some reason. I don't know why this is, after all, the rear mudguard falls off without it! Strange......

I've seen some repops for sale in the UK and will probably have to break down one day and bite the bullet. But the international postage is a killer.

So maybe next time you decide to visit the Fairest Cape of all......

Cheers,

Bruce

email (option): brucekirby@telkomsa.net

Well Bruce this was one of those repros you are talking about. Made in India it only cost £30 but it was bloody awful!! I had to cut it up and re weld it back together using the original bottom stays from those toolbox stays.
Jan in Belgium makes lovely repros and I wish I'd bought one of his now. It's just that I fell over mine at Kempton and it looked fine till I got home and tried to fit it. Penny wise, pound foolish as we say!
If I win the ticket to ride with Charlie Boorman, from Vic Falls to Durban, I'll pop in for a cuppa. Ron

There was an original rear stand on the bay a couple of weeks ago for £49 but it was in Poland, I don't think it was sold so it may come up again at some point

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1