Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 clutch soap part 1

The clutch that came with my basket case M 20 was in parts , incomplete and in a rather very sorry state. I did modify a Su***ki 450 clutch to fit but somehow this gave me a bad consience( never knew I had one !) so I'd like to have a shot at bringing the original one back from the dead .It's the single spring type .Parts availability in Thailand is zero , I do not really want to order from Europe as that seems cheating and it is simply no fun ! I have lots of questions which I shall post here over time and in installments. So here the first instalment. Enjoy! :

1The part book ( thanks Hans !) shows a ring /spacer nr 66 38 13 . What is it , where does it go and what are it's dimensions ?
2 the hollow shaft ( clutch sleeve?) 66 38 11 has very worn teeth. Could someone perhaps measure the distance between the tops of two opposing teeth on this shaft/sleeve. This would enable me to work out the correct height of the teeth.
3 The width of the teeth where they are not worn or damaged I measure with my digital calipers as 4.76 mm. Where those teeth sit in is a part I do not know the name of
(15 4306) the gaps there are however 6.38 mm. This would mean play of just over 1.6mm.
Should there be: no play, "some" play or a measured play. If the latter how much?

If I have these measurements I can bring the shaft /sleeve to Abdul, my local genius welder/machinist so he can start working his magic on it.

Many thanks in advance

Maxim Jurgens
Phuket, Thailand

email (option): siamsailing@gmail.com

Re: M20 clutch soap part 1

Hi Maxim,
Here in the Netherlands Gerrit Bruggink has a beautiful conversion spring set that will do away with the one-spring system, and is better than the Triumph clutch.
Unfortunately, it's a work of love, and Gerrit is a busy man who has to do other things for a living. But this summer I'll meet him with my clutch and make a detailed description how it works
Hans

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Nieuwe pagina 1