Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breathers and one for the experts

One step forwards two steps back!!! I changed the innards of the breather on Saturday (thanks Ian again). This time I removed the breather from the timing cover, instead of dismantling it in situ with the cover removed. Wrong, most of the thread from the timing cover came out with the breather. I sorted the innards and pretty much glued it back in for now with PTFE and silicon. The question is what size is the thread and what chance a thread insert?

The one for the experts is when did the cast emblem on the tappet chest cover change? I have two with the piled arms and BSA noticably diferent in lettering and size. Any Ideas

Cheers Pat

Re: Breathers and one for the experts

Hi Pat..The BSA 'wing' was introduced on timing covers for 1948...Prior to that they had the smaller pre war type BSA plain script with no wing. I have the tap for that thread but can't remember what thread it is!.I think it's 20 TPI from memory but will have to check that....I can supply a replacement cover if you want one...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian, I will take you up on the timing cover, another late one with the cast in breather shroud, I've already got one without. The script and logo I was on about is on the tappet cover not the timing cover.

Cheers Pat

Can you post some pics Pat?..I'll sort out a timing cover for next time you visit....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1