Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
speedo

Hi All,
I have purchased a speedo for my M20 that needs some TLC. As i don't have a drive for the ront wheel yet, can someone tell when looking at the back of the speedo does the input shaft turn clockwise or anticlockwise. I have downloaded the infomation from the technical page but idoesnot have this info.
Cheers
Mark

email (option): skid1@live.com.au

Re: speedo

Mark you have to turn the drive anti clock to operate the speedo. You can do it with a short piece of cable in the chuck of your pistol drill and put the drill in reverse mode. You might then have to put the drill in normal mode to replace the needle to zero again.
Also when looking for an M20 speedo drive box. you can check the rotation by turning the two drive dogs in a clockwise direction and the output must also be clockwise......most you see are the wrong anti clock output. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

All that Ron mentioned,
and also the ratio of this drive gear should be 2:1
or else the readings will be wrong...

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Thankyou you both for your help.
Cheers
Mark

email (option): skid1@live.com.au

C11's have a nearside drive if that helps. Can't remember if the axle hole is the same but can be bored out to suit.Maybe bantams too?

If your speedo appears to stick when you stop the drill, try slowing the drill down gradually as it would in reality if you were braking, I've seen people have a perfectly good speedo rebuilt because they spun it with a drill then just stopped the drill!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Yes, I believe the chronometric 'samples' the speed every two seconds so you have to give it time to react...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1