Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch dismantling / reassembly questions

Looking at my clutch right now, all I can see is a steel dome, so I'm not too familiar with it's innards, other than it's vastly different from other BSA clutches that I know intimately
From the pics, diagrams, and technical info posted here and in books, I have a general idea what I'm in for, but I have a re-assembly question- what thread is the big notched castellated nut in the middle that holds the spring in place? How many TPI?

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Re: Clutch dismantling / reassembly questions

Vincent V.
.... what thread is the big notched castellated nut in the middle that holds the spring in place? How many TPI?

That's again one of those weird threads: I measure 1 3/16 x 24tpi
And that spacer is 8mm thick, hole 16mm (but that you know already I suppose) and the diameter is 43mm.
Before trying to un-screw that nut, compress the spring with either Robb's tool, or have a look at the Technical Section, where you can see a method that will do the job without risking that nut + spring going into orbit in your workshop

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hi Vince,

Didn't I send you a chapter on that? If not,I can send one when I get home. I'm off this weekend with Kathy.

I think Hans has that chapter, and if he does, he can send if you need it pronto.

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Yes Robb, I have already sent Vince some suggestions

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Nieuwe pagina 1