Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a BSA M20 Clutch Assembly

Hello all...Im new to the forum, its great reading! Would love to hear from anyone with a M20 clutch assembly for sale. Im located in Aus...happy for overseas or local interest??

Thanks

email (option): phoenix08@bigpond.com.au

Re: Looking for a BSA M20 Clutch Assembly

Hi Mark , What type of clutch do you want? I have a complete 6 spring M20 clutch I would gladdly post to the other side of the world, just to be rid of it!!!

Cheers Pat

Hi Mark..Welcome to the forum..The single spring M20 clutches are getting harder to find..especially as complete units. Also spares for them are becoming less common..Have you considered converting to a Triumph clutch which is more readily available?...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Which model Triumph is this conversion Ian?

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Hi..Any of the pre unit twins (4 spring)..I use the 'non shock absorber' Triumph clutch center as you already have the shock absorber on the crank. You will also need the BSA/Triumph clutch adapter, which is a BSA part, and the appropriate mainshaft nut and washer..These parts were all fitted to late Goldies, A10s etc.which used the Triumph clutch. A new clutch pushrod or an adjustment to the length of the original, if long enough, is also required.
Fitting the BSA/Triumph clutch adapter to the earlier gearbox results in a slight misalignment of the clutch and engine sprockets, so the width of the spacer behind the engine sprocket carrier sleeve on the crank will need to be adjusted appropriately.. around 1/8"-3/16" of an inch...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Cheers Ian, I will look in to that as my clutch does seem to 'have issues'
Duncan

email (option): cruiserchooser@hotmail.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1