Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
armour embarkation

Armour embarkation ,
As a DR I have to say its a most fantastic experience ,Riding with tanks and heavy equipment around the Dorset lanes IT gets no better !!
to the organiser great job ,if it takes place again ,please give the DRs a map of route ,we could have kept you rolling none stop
great meeting up with so many DRS great job people
John

email (option): John@fieldandrurallife.com

Re: armour embarkation

Good to hear!
Any pictures available??
Regards,
Sven

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

Weymouth went well....despite the parade being held up for 1/2 hour while a collapsed lady was resuscitated and airlifted to hospital. At least we got to watch the copter land on the beach. It was drizzling at 7 this morning when I went to the assembly point, but it stopped by 8.30 and turned into a sunny day. We had 15-16 DR's on parade. with about 60 vehicles. I didn't take pictures, but hopefully Rob did? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron
weather great and the DR s turned out in strength ,even one from Malta
That's some ride
I've no pics lots being taken so looking forward to seeing them

email (option): John@fieldandrurallife.com

A&E...(for the DR's not the Lady)...was great this year again, something very special about riding with fellow motorcyclists with such lovely motorcycles, our bikes sound so great running on the road. Could I just say 'Good-bye' to the riders & pillions who where there, Rebecca and I took the camper down to the village for the night, stayed in the car park so after plenty of pints of Piddle and dancing, when we eventually made it back up, to the site late morning, the van got stuck at the entrance, so we sorted that and waited for my trailer from Nigel and decided to shoot off, we didn't get a chance to say cheerio to you and Weymouth was a Bridge too far for us at early o'clock after a long week, as well as healthy hangovers. Pleased the weather was good for it, we had a good drive home, shame not to see you Ron and all on the coast..this time Ron it was Nigel who borrowed my spare clutch cable...

Really nice to see old friends again, to see how more organised everyone else is than me, seeing Louise looking fab as always, to ride together, to hear my very noisey engine was OK, to see some great vehicles running and to meet a great bunch of younger lads on old ww2 iron riding so well.

email (option): Kit247@hotmail.com

got to agree with all the comments so far and say thanks to Kit for the cable ,the job was made a lot easier as the drivers of the larger vehicles were reminded to keep well over to the left to make getting past easier for the bikes.Few hold ups no real dramas and not too many irate public drivers so congratulations to all who took part and roll on next time

What a weekend, to be part of such a convoy and meet up with all those taking part, for me this was the first convoy but made to feel part of the party as soon as we arrived. Roll on next time!
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

You will find some great photos here on the HMVF site.
Looks like it was a great day.

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?32474-Reporting-live-from-A-amp-E-2012/page4

Regards
Gary

What a weekend to pick for my first M20 themed trip.

Having only finished the bike a few weeks previously, heading down to Armour & Embarkation and spending Friday & Saturday on convoy duty was a great intro into the DR world.

Sunday was spent with Ron and the rest of the Weymouth team which brings a lump to your throat when passing the veterans, especially those who wave wildly at the bikes, possibly re-kindling a memory or two. Also a big thanks to the lady at the B&B by the ferry/pavilion who fed and watered us for free in true war time spirit.

What a great weekend to put faces to forum names and I managed to meet Ron, Colin H, Graham & Louise, Kevin, Peter Brown, Pete, Ian Hince, Rob Miller, Indian Tim (who sold me my bike), the Tinley family and a few others who will undoubtedly spring to mind the moment I press the 'Post Message' button. I've also got the problem of talking to various DR's over the weekend without getting a name so if that's you, please feel free to post a message and fill me in.

See you at Buckfastleigh. I've already washed the bike in readiness...

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Well you'll meet a few more DR's at Buckfastleigh Lee. Including Ian!........You've only got yourself to blame Ron

Weymouth

Sunday was very enjoyable and it was great to meet up with all the old faces and several new ones, and Lee your bike looked great even covered in Dorset mud

I counted 13 bikes and a Harley on the Sunday parade, here a few pictures.

Rob.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Weymouth

Weymouth, what can you say, I had a great weekend, and as Lee said, great to put faces to names, I missed not riding the M20, but meeting up with an Ex 7th Armd Div Katy Driver more than made up for it, And well done to Ron For the "Rain go away dance" hope to see you all at Buckfastleigh

Well we have an old Lakota Chief in our 'Indian Riders Club' He told me to "Ik ney dor pom tol" So I did, and it stopped raining Ron

Colin, will you be wearing the denim's at Buckfastleigh...?

'I counted 13 bikes and a Harley....' LOL

email (option): snvosselman@hotmail.com

I've always said " You can not win a war without a wailing sireeeen and a baseball glove".

Ron

Heres a funny story........

Whilst we were waiting at the formation car park where most of the above photos were taken, I was standing by my BSA M20 when a young "lady" and small child walked over, both were in wartime gear.

She said "please can my child sit on your Harley for a photograph".

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

The Americans had definitely invaded Dorset that weekend and the uniform count at the Maiden Newton at War evening bash was 10 yanks to every Brit.

i know why there are more yanks in uniform it is because most of the british uniform is naff and fit where it touches the yank uniform is like it is tailor made when it is not and is easier to get hold of in larger sizes

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Hi Lee, I have sorted my denims out, but more than likly will wear Don/R kit

Nieuwe pagina 1