Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
No more riding old bikes in the UK in 2013??

Just read this on the WD and prewar AJS-Matchless Yahoo List:

"I think there will be a few shocks in Jan. 2013. So make the most of pre 1960 bikes being free of MoT November 18th..

You may find in 2013, they will have to be MoT acceptable, so far the only acceptable Brit. bike listed is the Brough ss 100.

But then the new motor cycle licences won't cover anyone to actualy ride an old bike.
How could an old bike be restricted to a certain speed, to satisfy the examiner?.

Its going to be very complicated, but, it seems we will be the last of the old bike riders on the road.
Motor cycle licences in GB will change big time in Jan. 2013.

I gave warning of something to happen at our last committee meeting. Now a document has been released,
after a couple of days there has been silence. Almost as if every one is dumbstruck.

Some must know what I'm on about, so how do you read the changes to come?

Regards, Rob Harknett."

What's this all about??

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Re: No more riding old bikes in the UK in 2013??

I think I might just move to the Netherlands.....Linda wants me there anyway Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Lex..There are impending changes to the UK motorcycle license in 2013...some of these eminate from the EU (as usual)..However, I have looked at the proposed changes and don't see anything about the age of the motorcycle..only age limits for riders ref. getting a license in the first place and the various classes of bike you can ride...The full (unrestricted capacity) licence appears to remain basically unaltered. It seems he may be on about the unsuitability of an old bike to actually take your test on, though it is not clear...Shame the poster didn't provide the information we actually need in a lucid form.... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ron Pier
I think I might just move to the Netherlands.....Linda wants me there anyway Ron

She smiled in a strange way when I told here about your post

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

A mixture of panic, hysteria and an irrational urge to run away Henk.. ... ....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1