Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 trike

I came across a BSA Trike a while back. I was over at the shop today and had the chance to have a look at it, it was basically just an WM20 with the rear end unbolted and the trike subframe bolted on. I was told it was adapted for use on an army camp or airfield, but nontheless the trike bit isn't the bit that was the interesting bit, it was the rest of it, it had the early balloon tank on it, a nice looking speedo, the correct levers and the early type forks on it. Apparently it ran really nicely. The shopkeeper believes (as I do after seeing it)that it was never really used after it's conversion and that it was made from either new spares or army reconditioned ones, certainly the paint isn't original, but it dosen't look messed around with after it left the army. It would never have passed an MOT for starters as it has no diff on the axle, so this would certainly have limited it's use after it left the army. It said on the listing on his website that it was POA, but I think he's looking for £2500 ono for it. Unfortunately it was placed in a dark corner and I couldn't see the frame or engine numbers, but I guess with a new rear subframe it would make a nice early M20
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Re: M20 trike

Probably built to tow a gang mower on an airfield. Benny Crew used WW2 Jeeps on Wareham Golf course. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Here some information from a while back, I think it comes from Rob Millers dad. That engine would fit my bike nicely and I could use the forks too :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Yup, used on airfields Dave, shame I don't have the funds, I love my airfield equipment..

email (option): Kit247@hotmail.com

I believe one of my customers put a deposit on it the other day and will be collecting it in the next couple of weeks.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1